Parent mobile application failure on both Android and IOS, after last update. Website control is useless

julianRO

Hello,

I have Kaspersky Safe Kids (paid version) installed on Android smartphone and Win10 PC of the kid (kid mode). Usually I am controlling updates, allowing apps to run or websites I use the SafeKids app on Android phone, logged in as parent.  Now also application is installed on IOS as parent.

I can share a lot of bugs (like still blocking an app on kid’s phone even is I mentioned allow - but as long as the tool blocked more and not less, it was fine. Or the one where on Win 10 after logging process, screen was going black (solved with reinstalling the software again). This is not why I have decided to ask for help.

Since few days ago, the Android app has updated on the parent phone (as many times). After update kept asking to insert again the password (not the PIN or finger print as set). Managed few time to log in but only shortly, as after the next run, was asking again the password preventing me from either LogIn or do any settings. 

Behaviours spotted on Android:

• not remembering old setup with easy login with PIN or fingerprint;
  • if password was wrong, the was immediately saying it is wrong;
  • just under 10% was able to actually login
  • after closing app, on the next run or the app (either by killing process, run in the background or restarting phone, all the time was asking email login;
  • app uninstalled and reinstalled, went thought the logging process and same issues repeating;
  • Yesterday it was hitting a stop after inserting the credentials, today when the app is started is says “Starting Kaspersky Safe Kids” and nothing is happening after.

So I have said to myself, well this might be an Android bug, let me try to install the parent app on IOS, did that and I still cannot use the app. 

Behaviours spotted on IOS:

• app is installing fine, takes the credentials, logs in, goes and asks you to setup a PIN or fingerprint login via wizard, it actually shows DONE! and that’s it! It is stopping at “Loading data”

So, I said to myself, well it must be some web-based control, login to My Kaspersky, can see the account, the devices, the active license, but when choosing MyKids, surprise, I get a message saying “ Your password has been changed, this page will be available in few minutes etc”. I guess you know that there is nothing in few minutes.

So, now I have my kid away installing some schools app and I cannot approve them (some other note: Kaspersky also randomly picks some apps and asks me for permission to use. On some of them If I put exceptions sometime this exception will land on the kid phone in days...but as initially said, it was working   - maybe was a propagation delay).

I can say that at this moment your product is completely useless to me as parent as I have absolutely no control to see kids activity, blocking activity, approval activity or anything else. Is the Kids devices still with some protection and I cannot access Kaspersky servers to get reports/send approval? or everything is out of control?.

Hello @julianRO,

Welcome!

• Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; Technical Support will require, ​​​​specific device operating system name, version & build & KSK version for both devices, a detailed history, images, for the Android: an AIDA64 report, for the iOS they will advise you. They may ask for KSK bug version be installed to determine the issues.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

When the information is available, please let us know what they advise?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳