Parent and Child account in same device

KIS_Victor
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Greetings. I am a newbie to Kaspersky. We are using “KIS 3 devices 3 years” license that is valid until Dec-2024. This is for home use and help manage laptops (Cousins in same house)

The PCs are shared between parents and children. They have separate Windows 7/10 user accounts. Therefore managing KIS on the laptops are fine.

We also share mobile (android) devices with children as they only need it for a couple of hours per day to get some updates from their school WhatsApp groups.

We are using the “Free” version of “Safe Kids” and still in the early days of exploring the various features….

Wish we had known about Total Security earlier…… It has “Safe Kids”, right?

We now have a few queries….

Is it possible to have “Child” and “Parent” mode of “Safe Kids” in one Android device?

Parents can enable “Child Mode” when the children are using the “Mobile” and “Parent Mode” when the device is returned to the Parent.

Hope I have made it clear… Kindly let me know if additional details are needed…

Thanks and have a good one...

• Solution
  1. Wish we had known about Total Security earlier…… It has “Safe Kids”, right?
  2. Is it possible to have “Child” and “Parent” mode of “Safe Kids” in one Android device?
  3. Parents can enable “Child Mode” when the children are using the “Mobile” and “Parent Mode” when the device is returned to the Parent.

Hello @KIS_Victor

Welcome back!

1. Yes, Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), includes KSK. 
  2. No, due to the Android OS design this is not possible. 
  3. No. If you finish configuring KSK for use by a parent and later decide to configure KSK for your child, you must uninstall the app and then install the app again.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

References:

How to set up Kaspersky Safe Kids

Get started on Android

Configure the app for use by a parent

Configure the app for your child

Read before you create a new topic!

Thanks a lot for the quick followup and help with the answers. It was very helpful and we appreciate it much. The reference links to setup Parent and Child account were very useful and informative.

I have a few followup questions…. They belong to “KSK Features and options”… I shall create a new topic for those queries….

Thanks

• 1 month later...