Parallels Desktop application on Mac stop working

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hello, After I have done an update to My Kaspersky plus to version 25.0.0.332a, My application name: Parallels Desktop can't connect to server. How do I need to do? 

I tried to quit Kaspersky then Parallels Desktop can be opened. but I start Kaspersky then I can't open parallels Desktop.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 12.10.49 in the afternoon.png

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 12.11.14 in the afternoon.png

1 hour ago, Parkersun said:

After I have done an update to My Kaspersky plus to version 25.0.0.332a, My application name: Parallels Desktop can't connect to server. How do I need to do? 

I tried to quit Kaspersky then Parallels Desktop can be opened. but I start Kaspersky then I can't open parallels Desktop.

Hello @Parkersun

Welcome!

1. Which mac OS & build? Read: Which macOS is installed?
  2. Check Kaspersky Reports - are there any Parallels Desktop events? 
  • (In Windows) it's not possible to run two VMs at the same time & we do not use Parallels DT (in our mac) so cannot advise if the same potential conflict exists, also, there's no documented information for macs, VMs & conflicts - please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.208c9e45cba872a3a21c12896c1218e2.png
    Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
    Thank you🙏
    Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Q2

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I contacted Kaspersky and they were not helpful and just said it was a problem with Parallels. I contacted Parallels, they gave me some trouble shooting steps. After trying these steps 5 times over I got Parallels to work. I shut my Mac down for the day and uploaded again this morning, I'm getting the same error message again. I have followed the steps from Parallels again but this time it hasn't worked. 

I use Parallels to do my job and haven't been able to do any work for two days due to this problem. 

I have looked online and believe it is a setting to do with the firewall or allowing an extension but I can't find this setting in Kaspersky settings or Mac Privacy & Security setting. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 10.43.58.png

24 minutes ago, Hannah said:

I'm having the same problem, I contacted Kaspersky and they were not helpful and just said it was a problem with Parallels. I contacted Parallels, they gave me some trouble shooting steps. After trying these steps 5 times over I got Parallels to work. I shut my Mac down for the day and uploaded again this morning, I'm getting the same error message again. I have followed the steps from Parallels again but this time it hasn't worked. 

I use Parallels to do my job and haven't been able to do any work for two days due to this problem. 

I have looked online and believe it is a setting to do with the firewall or allowing an extension but I can't find this setting in Kaspersky settings or Mac Privacy & Security setting. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hello @Hannah

Welcome!

1. Also, Kaspersky (for mac) does not have a Firewall. 
  2. in the Kaspersky Protection tab, (you'll) be able to access the extension options *but* this feature should only be browser related - not application, reference: Enable and disable the Kaspersky Protection extension in selected browsers
  3. Are *all* folders related to Parallels in the Trusted zone? 
  4. Did support understand - IF Kaspersky is not installed - Parallels works fine? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Privacy Protection

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2024 at 7:49 AM, Danila T. said:

Hello,

There are no issues with our product and you need to contact Parallels Desktop support.

Workaround:

Turn off Webcam protection

This is the solution I have been looking for all week. Thank you

• Like 1