Not able to use context menu scan or check reputation in KSN since the last Kaspersky Premium update on PC. Does not do anything.

Go to solution Solved by Edz0r,

Hello!

I downloaded a program yesterday and my security procedure since I was a teenager has been to scan stuff as soon as I download it, before executing the program / installer I downloaded.

I tried doing that yesterday, but I see that Kaspersky no longer scans from the right click context menu in Windows and doesn't open anything anymore when trying to check reputation in KSN. The buttons are there but they simply don't do anything. It has never not worked before.

I remembered that my Kaspersky Premium updated itself about a week ago and I think it has something to do with that.

I have been a Kaspersky user since it was called Kaspersky PURE, so a LONG time, and I've never had this problem before with context menu options not working.

I tried fixing it myself by completely uninstalling Kaspersky Premium, restarting my PC, reinstalling it, then restarting again. The menu options disappeared and then reappeared as they should, but they still don't work after the reinstall.

My OS is Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22631.

App version is 21.18.5.438(a).

Another question: I am Romanian and I see that all kaspersky programs have been removed from the Google Play Store today, which means that the mobile authenticator and antivirus apps that i also use will not update anymore, how do I bypass that? I am not American and I don't understand why the idiots at Google removed MY access to kaspersky products too.

I haven't used Bitdefender since about 2004 and don't want to have to move to them, even though they are Romanian like me, because I believe Kaspersky is superior in every single way from my experience.

Please assist me if you can, thanks! 🙂

1 hour ago, Edz0r said:

My OS is Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22631.

App version is 21.18.5.438(a).

I downloaded a program yesterday and my security procedure since I was a teenager has been to scan stuff as soon as I download it, before executing the program / installer I downloaded.

I tried doing that yesterday, but I see that Kaspersky no longer scans from the right click context menu in Windows and doesn't open anything anymore when trying to check reputation in KSN. The buttons are there but they simply don't do anything.

It has never not worked before.

I remembered that my Kaspersky Premium updated itself about a week ago and I think it has something to do with that.

I have been a Kaspersky user since it was called Kaspersky PURE, so a LONG time, and I've never had this problem before with context menu options not working.I tried fixing it myself by completely uninstalling Kaspersky Premium, restarting my PC, reinstalling it, then restarting again. The menu options disappeared and then reappeared as they should, but they still don't work after the reinstall.

Another question: I am Romanian and I see that all Kaspersky programs have been removed from the Google Play Store today, which means that the mobile authenticator and antivirus apps that i also use will not update anymore, how do I bypass that? I am not American and I don't understand why the idiots at Google removed MY access to Kaspersky products too.

I haven't used Bitdefender since about 2004 and don't want to have to move to them, even though they are Romanian like me, because I believe Kaspersky is superior in every single way from my experience.

Hello @Edz0r

Welcome!

(Our) Scan option is working, KSN is not working from the context menu either (even tho it's enabled), please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown:  
 image.thumb.png.a71c72eb4bf2bac45062631198548d6c.png

Please share the outcome with the Community when it's available? 

For Kaspersky distribution via Google Play Store, alternative sources: Galaxy, Huawei, Xiaomi, Apple or .APK direct download, please read: How to download Kaspersky applications on Android and iOS.

Kaspersky have advised more information will be published shortly: Is Kaspersky blocked / removed from Google Play?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

2 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Hum weird about KSN, do you have this setting enabled?

image.thumb.png.cda49847123798bc015ac0dd6b79a536.png

Hi!

image.thumb.png.3d2c05ff16ad5087a7cadd88a3a63746.png

This section was the first one I checked before deciding to uninstall and reinstall.
They are both on. I will write an email to Support like Flood recommended if you don't have any other ideas.

Thanks for answering!

• Like 1

• Solution

Woooooow!

I have just discovered what the problem is, COMPLETELY by accident!

The scan and KSN reputation check work JUST FINE, but NOT from Windows 11's crappy new context menu that shows up on the first right click (if you click these, nothing happens):

image.thumb.png.99e5027ec36dce27e763c8f043c24f65.png

However, if you press "show more options" to show Windows' classic context menu, it works from there:

image.thumb.png.7df9eb5049d49177d7152fd6451a2683.png

image.thumb.png.641e59a6f05c9d959101095e10bf4de1.png

How absolutely stupid is that?
Why does Windows 11 need 2 completely different context menus, again? Completely stupid design...
Maybe you guys can file that as a minor bug report, I guess.

As for the Android Play store problem, I see that I can update the apps just fine from the Samsung Store.

You have reminded me why I have stuck with this company for the past 2 decades, the support and reliability has always been excellent from Kaspersky. I think that what the US is doing to you guys is completely disgusting, unfair, wrong and unethical. I will always support you.

Thanks for the help guys! 🙂

Edited by Edz0r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1