No videos play on Youtube - unlses I pause Kaspersky!

1 hour ago, MarcInOz said:

No videos play on Youtube - unless I pause Kaspersky!

This is really painful.  I haven't been able to find a solution.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hello @MarcInOz

Welcome!

• OK, & it just started, it's been like that since (you) installed KIS or ? 
  • & when "No videos play on Youtube - unless Kaspersky is paused", what happens, you see a black screen, there's an error message, there's no error message, the cursor jumps all over the place, something else.... 🤷‍♂️
  • Has the computer been shutdown, using *Shutdown*, not Restart, then powered on by pressing the power button, login, recheck if the issue is resolved? 
  • Has KIS been *uninstalled* & a *clean* install done: Kaspersky Internet Security for Windows® - make sure you have the ACTIVATION CODE - before *uninstalling*
  • Does "No YT videos, when Kaspersky is active" persist, if Kaspersky's *new* software is used: Kaspersky: Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ?

& so we don't have to keep guessing, please share: 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Corrected Kaspersky application version number, removed *name* || Added q regarding *new* K sfw.

• 1 month later...

No, started being a problem about a month ago.

Rebooting doesn't help.

I'm running Windows 10 pro.

After the ads, the screen goes black with the circular (downloading or buffering symbol) appears.

I've simply been updating Kaspersky IS every year (for many years).

Do I need to uninstall & reinstall KIS?

If so, I'm unimpressed!

Thanks for listening.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MarcInOz said:

No, started being a problem about a month ago.

Rebooting doesn't help.

I'm running Windows 10 pro.

After the ads, the screen goes black with the circular (downloading or buffering symbol) appears.

I've simply been updating Kaspersky IS every year (for many years).

Do I need to uninstall & reinstall KIS?

If so, I'm unimpressed!

Thanks for listening.

Hello @MarcInOz

Welcome back & thank you for the PM.

Please upgrade to Kaspersky Standard. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, MarcInOz said:

Why should I have to downgrade to Kaspersky Standard when I have paid for Internet Security Plus with 452 days remaining?

Hello @MarcInOz

Thank you for posting back!

It's an *UPGRADE* not a downgrade. 

Kaspersky Internet Security is Kaspersky's *old* software, it will eventually reach end-of-life - Kaspersky have not announced an end date as yet; Kaspersky have released a new software product -> Kaspersky Standard. 

The information is covered in the documentation we provided in our first reply on the 5th of January, 2024 - read this: Kaspersky: Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ?

(Your) existing 452 days will contine, with Kaspersky Standard.

1. Just out of curiosity & because you're saying you have Internet Security Plus & because you never provided the information when it was requested Jan 5th 2024 - which Kaspersky software do you *really* have? 
  2. On the Windows Taskbar, hidden icons - rightclick the Kaspersky icon, then select About? Post back a screen print please?  

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

On the Windows Taskbar, hidden icons - rightclick the Kaspersky icon, then select About? Post back a screen print please?  

On 2/28/2024 at 11:06 AM, MarcInOz said:

Here you go ...

KIS280224.jpg

Hello @MarcInOz

So, you have Kaspersky Internet Security 21.1.15.500(c), the *old* 2020 - Kaspersky software & not only is it *old* it's not even the latest release of the *old* version, the current *old* version is Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391.0

IF you insist on staying with the *old* software - update to the current version, download the installer from Kaspersky Internet Security for Windows®:

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/internet-security?icid=gl_sup-site_trd_ona_oth__onl_b2c___tri-dl____kis___

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

formatting

Thanks for your help.  I don't understand my options.  I definitely don't insist on keeping old, our of date software.  Can I update to the current version without paying again?  If so, a link would be appreciated.  Thanks, Marcus.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MarcInOz said:

Thanks for your help.  I don't understand my options.  I definitely don't insist on keeping old, our of date software.  Can I update to the current version without paying again?  If so, a link would be appreciated.  Thanks, Marcus.

Hello @MarcInOz, Marcus, 

You're most welcome!

You most certainly can *upgrade* to Kaspersky Standard - Kaspersky's *new* software, without paying anything more, the upgrade is free, we gave you the *instructions* when you sent us a private message, here is the link again: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

4 hours ago, MarcInOz said:
  1. I'm downloading and will install Kaspersky Standard. 
  2. I was reluctant because that does not seem to have several key features we are used to, including, for example VPN.

Hello @MarcInOz

1. Excellent, well done!
  2. Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky's old software, comes with Kaspersky VPN Free, not *Unlimited / Premium VPN* - IF Kaspersky subscribers wish to have Kaspersky Premium VPN they may purchase Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Premium subscription, both of those products come with *Unlimited* VPN or purchase a stand-alone Kaspersky Premium VPN subscription: https://www.kaspersky.com/vpn-secure-connection & How your subscription works
  3. Kaspersky Free VPN is still available: Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection for Windows® - if (you) wish. 
  4. Regarding several key features - read: Comparison of subscription plans - the table shows the features available for Kaspersky Standard, as does: Kaspersky Standard

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection FAQ

added info for 4. several key features. Added link for: Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection for Windows®