Need Instructions on Refunds for those who bought multi-year subscriptions

I have tried to contact you all about getting a refund for this subscription. I do not want to use Ultra AV as an alternative to Kaspersky. I would rather have my money back for the remaining time left on my subscription, which was set to renew March 28, 2026. Please help

3 hours ago, Del B said:

I have tried to contact you all about getting a refund for this subscription. I do not want to use Ultra AV as an alternative to Kaspersky. I would rather have my money back for the remaining time left on my subscription, which was set to renew March 28, 2026. Please help

Hello @Del B

Welcome!

• This is an opinion *only* do not shoot the messenger -> we don't know IF Kaspersky is/are giving refunds -> there's not much Community "chatter" about the topic & Kaspersky have a 30-day money-back guarantee.  
  1. Read: How your subscription works, RefundsYou can request a refund up to 30 days from the date you were charged.
  2. Read: Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States, Purchasing and renewal, Subscriptions and automatic renewal
  3. Read: UAV FAQ, When did Kaspersky stop billing me for my service?: "Kaspersky stopped billing monthly and annual customers in June 2024. Billing with UltraAV will resume in October 2024". 
  4. Read: UAV - How can I get a refund?: "If you purchased your subscription with Kaspersky before October 1st, we are unable to issue a refund on our end, as your purchase was not made with us."
  5. To log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts , they have access to (your) subscription & private information, for privacy reasons, the Kaspersky Community doesn't  -> on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown; note - to fill in the template please select (your) software & include a *detailed history*:   image.thumb.png.57332bf4456b1ede51b438d66f197e30.png
  • *Also - IF using Chat - *before* ending the chat -> ask the operator to email (you) a copy of the chat transcript - otherwise (you'll) have no record of the chat      

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added: How your subscription works, Refunds
  • Like 1

Hi,

So I followed the instructions listed about getting their chat support, but it just loops back to wanting to send an email. I have tried the other options as well, but I cannot get a reply... I am kind of stuck in terms of what to do...

Just want to share my experience.  I did find the functionality of emailing Support to be problematic based on what I have seen others say.  I counted "Chat" out as most likely to be a waste of time.  However, after stewing for some time over both the stupid Trump provision which led to this ban and of course, this UltraAV crap, I decided to give the Chat function a go.  I immediately had a person, and I asked about a refund as I had purchased a multiyear plan and since I would not be using the UltraAV that was being reported everywhere as being automatically pushed on to people's systems.  The rep stated he understood my request and asked if I was willing to wait 2 - 4 minutes so they could look into this.  I was fine with this but truly expected nothing.

The rep came back and said their payment systems where down and could they contact me later via email.  Again, I agreed.  Minutes later I received an email response. The answer sucks as I will not be using UltraAV but I did think to myself, I don't think it is a bad idea at all for myself and others to let the government know how we feel.  They imposed the ban, they stole my product without my consent.  IT's okay for Mitch Mcconnell or other rich idiots to accept donations, pay and gifts from Russian entities but they had to use some excuse for political tough guy action so why not abruptly force Americans to give up a product they paid for, a product obviously we trusted.  It's okay for us to outsource call center jobs to who knows what entities are behind them.  Healthcare networks are outsourcing everything from Billing to Prior Authorizations...most are not US based and I have found many to be fairly newer companies formed with CEO's and foreign "equity partners."   I'll get off my soapbox but interesting that the subject line of the email was "Refund: Geopolitical Situation!"  How great is that.  Never thought little ole me would be involved in a "Geopolitical Situation." 🤣

*"Dear customer,

Greetings!

Appreciate you getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your refund request at this time. We have a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy for all purchases made through our official online store, as outlined on our website: https://kas.pr/returns

However, we already canceled the auto-renewal for this order and will no longer be charging for the subscription and your product will still be active until the license expiry date.

**If you have claims against the decision as it limits your security and freedom of choice, you can ask questions and express your position to the U.S. Department Of Commerce at https://www.commerce.gov/about/contact-us

Should you have other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us. I'm delighted to assist you further if needed.
Thank you for your time. Have a good day!

Nick Dzaed || Customer Service Representative

If the suggested solution did not help or you need more information, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged. If you have no further questions and the issue is in fact resolved, then you can simply ignore this message, and we will close this request for you within 15 days.

We have obtained your personal data from you directly. The provided data will only be used for the provision of technical support and will be processed and protected in accordance with Kaspersky Data Privacy Statement for technical support for Africa, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Middle East, New Zealand, EU, and other countries, United Kingdom, United States of America

Should you have any questions about Kaspersky privacy practices or if you would like us to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact our Data Protection Officer.

AO Kaspersky Lab, bldg. 3, 39A, Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russian Federation. The representative of AO Kaspersky Lab in EU is Kaspersky Labs GmbH, Despag-Str. 3, 85055 Ingolstadt, Germany."

:

I bought this product right before the ban, without realizing it was going to happen a month later. I kept using Kaperskey right up to the end. 

I thought it was a great deal, 224 dollars, with a locked in 89 dollar annual renewal for total security.

Now, I have UltraAV, which locked me out of my system and keeps telling me to subscribe to unlock a VPN I was supposed to have access too, it's minimal features are garbage, and on top of it all, it blue screened my computer, and installed a bunch of "Scape Goat" files I can't delete.

The fact that they can just install new products on my PC, is probably a sign I have bigger problems.

I am beyond livid that I've been had, and they are laughing with my 224 dollars. 

Edited by Ultharon
  • Like 1