My Kid bypasses KS Safe kids "Time screen limit" easily

Schack

Hi,

Whenever my son runs out of screen time limit, he uses this workaround:

1 He restarts the pc

2 he logs into his local windows 10 profile/account  by entering his  pincode. He does not have admin right to his windows account. I have a local admin account on the PC. 

3 After a couple of seconds KS directs him to the white screen telling him that he has run of time for today.

4 He the pushes the green "I'm a parent" button followed by any random combination of keys for password. This brings him to his windows 10 desktop where he can play as much as he wants to. 

Whats wrong here?

Edited by Schack

• The title was changed to My Kid bypasses KS Safe kids "Time screen limit" easily
On 1/15/2023 at 4:19 AM, Schack said:

Whenever my son runs out of screen time limit, he uses this workaround:

• 1 He restarts the pc
  • 2 he logs into his local windows 10 profile/account by entering his  pincode. {He does not have admin right to his windows account. I have a local admin account on the PC.}
  • 3 After a couple of seconds KS directs him to the white screen telling him that he has run of time for today.
  • 4 He the pushes the green "I'm a parent" button followed by any random combination of keys for password. This brings him to his windows 10 desktop where he can play as much as he wants to

Hello @Schack

Welcome! 

Apologies for the delay responding, we've tested several times to make sure we were clear on your son's steps.

A. 

• We don't understand why he restarts the PC, as he simply lands back on the KSK advisory "That's it for today" screen, but, following his steps exactly, we:
  1. Shutdown the laptop & restarted.
  2. Logged in using the child/local account & pincode. 
  3. KSK advisory "That's it for today" screen displays.  
  4. We selected I am a parent (written in green writing - there is no button).
  5. KSK application login screen presents, with parent email filled in by default.
  6. We entered various different 'wrong' passwords, all of which were rejected. 
  7. In conclusion, the issue cannot be replicated. image.thumb.jpeg.f7d0723cd8efa46110e46ddca07cee43.jpeg

• We'd be interested to see a video of the breach please? 

B. 

Please do the following: 

1. Shutdown all apps, browsers, everything.
  2. Uninstall KSK, follow: Uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kids
  3. At the completionof the uninstall, shutdown the machine using Shutdoqwn, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  4. Download a new KSK installer. 
  5. Install KSK, follow: Install Kaspersky Safe Kids
  6. Configure KSK, make sure all of the necessary permissions are granted? 
  7. Recheck the issue? 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's avilable? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife