Multiple tray Icons on Win 10 [MOVIDO]

Go to solution Solved by Victor C.,

We have a lot of new Dell PCs running W10 professional and KES 11.6.0.394.

There are two of these machines that start mutiple instances or tray icons, then all I/O is blocked and we must close and even uninstall the KES antivirus to recover normal activity. Win10 and the Dell drivers are up to date.

• Solution

This problem has been observed in KES 11.5, but may apply to other versions as well.

Problem

Sometimes KES tray icon gives you some unexpected behavior like showing up twice or not appearing at all ( icons next to Windows clock).

Solution

Reset the tray icons:

1. Open regedit;
  2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify;
  3. In the right pane, backup & delete the IconStreams Registry value;
  4. Now back up & delete the PastIconsStream Registry value;
  5. Close Registry Editor;
  6. Open Task Manger Use File -> Run new task menu item in Task Manager;
  7. Type Explorer in the "Create New Task" dialog and press Enter to restore Desktop.

This should fix your tray icons issues. The Registry values above represent the notification area icon cache which stores the tray icons for all apps.

If this cache is corrupted, it may also prevent system icons from appearing in the tray.

Hi Victor, I solved the problem by uninstalling KES 11.6, then restarted the system and ran kavremover. After another restart I installed again KES 11.6  and runs as normal right now.

I saved your answer for another time.

Thx anyway.