Moving from local installation to centralized console [MOVED]

Hello everyone,

I am starting a new position in a company where every Kaspersky is installed locally.  Now I want to install a console on the server and manage all the clients from there.

My question is, is it possible to move the local installation to the centralized console without uninstalling and reinstalling everything from scratch ?

The product is: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for workstations and file servers

Thanks in advance.

Hello @mhoude,

I believe it is possible 🤔 What type of license you have? The minimum for my scenario is Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business - Select (more on licensing here)

First, you need to install Kaspersky Security Center (administration server), you must have SQL server installed beforehand. See details on installation in online help. You can use either MMC console or web console, whatever suits you best.

Second, you will install Kaspersky Network Agent on every computer in the company (which is responsible for communication between hosts and server). Don’t worry, there are automated remote installation tasks, you won’t have to go one by one any more. After Network Agent is installed, devices become “manageable” - you will see them from the console. More details in online help.

Third, you divide computers to management groups and create policies for each product (Network Agent, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, Kaspersky Security for Windows Server, ..). See more about policies in online help.

Let us know, if you need any further help 🤠

Cheers,
Milan