More than one profile for Wireguard conf file generation

Hi,

The wireguard conf file is working well but it seems that it can only be active on a single device at a time. Using the same conf file on different devices simultaneously leads to multiple disconnects and reconnects. How can we generate a second wireguard conf file that will work independent of the first conf file?

My VPN subscription is for 5 devices but most of my devices are linux based so the official Kaspersky application is not supported and I have to rely on the witreguard conf instead.

5 hours ago, vrn99 said:
  • My VPN subscription is for 5 devices but most of my devices are Linux based so the official Kaspersky application is not supported and I have to rely on the wireguard conf instead.
  • The wireguard conf file is working well but it seems that it can only be active on a single device at a time.
  • Using the same conf file on different devices simultaneously leads to multiple disconnects and reconnects.
  1. How can we generate a second wireguard conf file that will work independent of the first conf file / More than one profile for Wireguard conf file generation?

Hello @vrn99

Welcome back!

image.thumb.png.3376a5acd02970d3b1197b34a072fd04.png

1. The only option unfortunately, is purchase a second subscription & ->IF this was *our* problem - for the second subscription, we'd use a different subscriber email as well. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vrn99 said:

I'm sorry but what you have said makes absolutely no sense, I am still the sole user of the devices. By providing two individual wireguard conf files it would take up two device slots out of the available 5 under the same user account.

Hello @vrn99

Thank you for posting back!

1. The *subscription* is for *one* user - that equals one user account for the configuration file & one user  account for *all* devices. 
  2. The number of devices greater than one is irrelevant IF the *subscription* is for *one* user.
  3. *The *same* user account cannot have more than one user profile to generate a configuration file*
  4. It's clearly shown on the product page & the shopping cart. 
  5. There's no option to *invite* a second user, i.e. add a second user account & generate a second configuration file. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

*The *same* user account cannot have more than one user profile to generate a configuration file*

Again this argument makes absolutely zero sense, sounds like you are just working backwards to justify an existing limitation of the system being able to generate a single conf file per user account. If we work on the assumption that as a *SINGLE* user I have a subscription for 5 devices, I see no actual reason why generating upto 5 configuration files should not be allowed as it would be used for 5 devices that I own myself, besides the apparent reason of how the system is currently structured to only provide a single conf file.

In any case my post was not meant to debate the interpretation of user vs device but to ask if multiple wireguard conf file generation was a possibility in the future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vrn99 said:
  1. Again this argument makes absolutely zero sense, sounds like you are just working backwards to justify an existing limitation of the system being able to generate a single conf file per user account.
  2. If we work on the assumption that as a *SINGLE* user I have a subscription for 5 devices, I see no actual reason why generating up to 5 configuration files should not be allowed as it would be used for 5 devices that I own myself, besides the apparent reason of how the system is currently structured to only provide a single conf file.
  3. In any case my post was not meant to debate the interpretation of user vs device but to ask if multiple wireguard conf file generation was a possibility in the future.

Hello @vrn99

Thank you for posting back!

1. It's not an argument, it's a fact -> based on facts, those are: (you've) purchased a *single* USER account subscription, for 1 year, for 5 devices. 
  2. The *subscription* is for one USER *account*  - generating the configuration file is based on the USER account  - not on the number of devices. The *subscription* has no facility to be shared with more USERS. Generating a second config file requires a second USER profile. That's not possible as the *subscription* is for a *single* USER. 
  3. No, not as long as the *subscription* is for a single user. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

modified 1.