More questions KSK than problem - virtual PC

Yankee
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have a rather big son, 14 years old, and my wife and I had a problem with the fact that our son sits at the computer until early in the morning and does not listen when we are saying he has to go to bed.

Turned to argue with him and we bought KSK and now everything is cool.
As we are an IT working family, the son is also quite advanced. I don't have time to go too deep into tcpdump, but a simple question:

He is prohibited from using adult content and gambling.

Hypothetically, if he uses a virtual computer on his computer and installs his own operating system windows or android phone on it. Will KSK be able to catch the use of adult content?

Of course, he does not have local administrator rights on the physical computer, and KSK has program monitoring enabled.

• Solution
6 hours ago, Yankee said:

Hypothetically, if he uses a virtual computer on his computer and installs his own operating system windows or android phone on it.

1. Will KSK be able to catch the use of adult content?

Hello @Yankee

Welcome!

1. No. 

By default, for example, Windows Sandbox is on the KSK Denylist of applications, because KSK cannot monitor/control software installed inside the isolated environment and run separately from the host machine.

Same applies for KSK installed on (your) son's mobile devices if he has those, block Google Play Store, block any other App store, make sure Root/Admin/Developer access has not been granted, make sure Settings is blocked, go thru the mobile device & check thoroughly for any virtual apps. 

(ioo), computers & everything associated with them are a privilege, not a birthright, sometimes that's a difficult concept for children to grasp, irrespective of their age.

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Ok got it, thanks for answer! That's totally fine, at least at the beginning as parents we can control bed time.
Next step from him will be live usb stick with alternative OS or cracked windows administrator password :DDD
But that is fine at least he must use some part of brains to do that... ?

• Thanks 1