Microsoft Photo time account error

Patrice

Hello,

my son is premium KAS KIDS V.1.0.5.1360

is it the lest version ?

in the application report we can see microsoft photo used until the 1 hour limit and blocked, what is normal due to the parameters done .

the problem is that my son never used microsoft photo since he started his pc. ( win10 pro - v.1909 ).

mirosoft photo isnt included in the background process list, nor in the starting applications

please advice ?

thanks

Patrice

Hello Food :)

Thanks for your contact !

I wil provide the image tomorow morning

But first I dont understand why my version isnot the last one as I understood since 1.0.5 the system should update automatically ?

How can I update it manually please ?

thanks a lot

Patrice

Hello @Patrice

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying and the images. 

• Regarding the version, in Windows, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, KSK shows as 1.0.5.1360, however, in the actual app, selecting About, shows 1.0.5.4848(d).
  • Normally, when there’s a KSK update, a little ⚠ shows on the application icon. 
  • If for some reason the software has not updated & or is not functioning as expected, uninstall, reboot, download a new installer & install
  • Regarding the Microsoft photos, it took me forever to be able to replicate this, however, finally, success🙃 , in my tests, the app is not used or initiated at all, yet, KSK certainly reports, however, KSK also reports other apps that are not activated, none of these impact the time a child has allocated.
  • To help us understand, can you explain or detail what you see as a problem please? Apart the fact that KSK can be confusing and sometimes does not make sense🤐

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Robski,

Thank you👏

• As was advised in response to @Patrice, (in tests) Microsoft photos is not used or initiated at all, yet, KSK certainly reports, however, KSK also reports other apps that are not activated, none of these impact the time a child has allocated.
  • So we understand and can address your concerns directly, from your perspective what is the issue? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you @Flood.

It was more the fact as to why it was coming up.…

The other side is a report to see what has been accessed and for how long.......as the standard report is ok....but when it comes to saying to the child, you spend 30mins on tiktok, 1 hr on YouTube and only 20 mins on the school website....can it be more granular to offer more information ? 

It just states the time the website was logged onto....not how long it was used for......while the app shows a timeline....but no information.…

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hello @Robski, Rob, 

Thank you for replying. 

I understand👌  

• Regarding more granular KSK report, unfortunately no.
  • Selecting KSK Summary Report & Exporting (image 1) shows Report results similar to (image 2)

Regarding, “why is Microsoft photos being reported when the application is not used”, I don’t know categorically, however, (imo), KSK is either, picking up the information from another related process & correctly reporting or incorrectly reporting.

For both issues: the people to ask are Kaspersky Technical Support:

• They’ll need the info you’ve provided here, a GSI & Windows Logs, images or video of the issue and they may need KSK Traces, they will guide you with Traces collection if required. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human🕵 will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know their advice when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳