Mac OS Big Sur breaks Exchange connectivity (KESB 11.1.0.210)

Is there a known issue with Exchange connectivity using KESB 11.1.0.210 on Mac OS Big Sur?

I installed a brand new test machine with Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1, and it went fine. Installed Office 365 and configured Outlook to connect to our on-premise Exchange 2019 server. All was good.

Then I installed Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Mac 11.1.0.210. And now Outlook is unable to connect. Everything else that I tested works fine.

No matter whether I enable or disable HTTPS encryption inspection it fails to connect. If I disable protection in Kaspersky, it still fails. If I Quit Kaspersky, ít connects just fine.

I’ve tried re-installing Kaspersky. I even tried re-installing Mac OS Big Sur. But it is still the same. Nothing is blocked in Reports, so I am sort of clueless as to why it’s blocking.

Anyone else experienced this? Or anyone who has any ideas?

We’ve not had the exact same issue as you but something with Outlook. 

We have just upgraded our only Mac to Big Sur, installed KES 11.1.0.210 & Outlook 2019. Outlook connects fine and send’s and receives emails, but as soon as you send an email with a large attachment (25mb for example) it will just not send and causes an Outbox block. As soon as you quit KES, it will send. 

I have also tried disabling components of KES (1 by 1) etc and it didn’t make a difference. 

I have a ticket opened this morning under INC000012188263

I did want to try adding Outlook to the trusted apps, but I don’t know where to find the paths required. 

Hi Same issue here . Outlook 2016 for Mac as well as Outlook 2019  unable to connect as well as Cisco Webex Meeting App. I did same northunder test with the same results. The only way these two applications are working again is only quitting the Kaspersky App...

Trace logs for my issue have been sent to Kaspersky Support. 

@northunder were you able to install 11.0.1 on Big Sur? I tried and just got a “Starting” splash screen on the KES application. If I could install it and it work then I would use that instead. 

You can’t even download that installer locally from Kaspersky anymore. Maybe it was remote install that didn’t work. 

Edit:

Try adding the following two to Trusted Applications, this has allowed attachments to work.

/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Outlook

com.microsoft.Outlook

Thanks Alex, appreciate the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. Same problem.

I never tried installing 11.0.1 on Big Sur. I did install 11.1 on Catalina before upgrading and that was working fine - also with Outlook 365.

I’ll open a support ticket and let you know what they come up with.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond - much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

It is a known problem when you have Cisco AnyConnect installed, and it is supposed be be solved when Big Sur 11.2 gets released. @Tulli 

Here’s the response from Kaspersky Tech Support:

The issue is known and is related to a Big Sur bug:
From the logs we can see that the Cisco client is installed. Apple have stated that they will fix this issue in the release of macOS 11.2. Unfortunately, this means you will need to wait for that release before the issue can be fixed.

Merry Christmas :-)