Loss of network share

Hi

I share a folder with a second PC.  When I pause KIS, the share fails.  When I resume KIS, the share is restored.  Why?  And, how do I allow the share even if KIS is paused?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Resolution

To resolve this behavior, change the default time-out period on the shared network computer. To do this, use one of the following methods.

Method : Using Registry Editor
 Warning

If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Use Registry Editor to increase the default time-out period. To do this, follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

In the right pane, click the autodisconnect value, and then on the Edit menu, click Modify. If the autodisconnect value doesn't exist, follow these steps:

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click REG_DWORD.

Type autodisconnect, and then press ENTER.

On the Edit menu, click Modify.

Click Hexadecimal.

In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

The client-side session is automatically disconnected when the idling time lasts more than the duration that is set in KeepConn. Therefore, the session is disconnected according to the shorter set duration value between AutoDisConnect and KeepConn. To change the time-out duration in the client-side during a UNC connection, specify the arbitrary time in KeepConn. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters
Value: KeepConn
Data type: REG_DWORD
Range: 1 to 65535 (sec)
Default value: 600 sec = 10 mins

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez