Links to websites within apps

Rob613

I'm trying to limit my child from accessing the internet but they have found a way to get around this by clicking website links within certain game apps (e.g. gardenscapes). They then find a way to navigate to YouTube and from there they click on privacy settings which provides a link to google.

Is there a way to stop apps from allowing a child from accessing external sites/other apps from within the app they are currently using?

Hello @Rob613

Welcome!

1. Please read @Danila T. tutorial, Read before you create a new topic, → please provide the requested information &, please provide full screen images → show us the starting point/screen, the links that are taken & the end result → so we can test the problem? 
  2. May we know your child’s birth year please? 
  3. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

There should be 14 screenshots attached. Please let me know if they didn't attach . The steps are:

1. Within the gardenscapes app click on the settings app.

2. Click on contact/FAQ

3. Click on contact us

4. Click on our official sites

5. Click on the Facebook fan page link

6. Click on the customer support helpshift link

7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the helpshift link

8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the YouTube link

9. Click on the YouTube icon to navigate to the YouTube homepage

10. Click on the person icon in the top right corner

11. Click on the privacy policy link

12. Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner

13. Click on the link to google

14. This will navigate to the Google home page and from there the child can navigate to any page they want to

My child was born in 2007

This is the free version of the program. I wanted to test the program before I bought the premium version

Hello @Rob613

Thank you for your detailed reply👌

1. Is your child’s device Windows, Android, iOS, or MAC → please provide name & OS version
  2. If there’ s 14 images, please add them to a zip folder, upload the zip folder to any cloud storage of your choice, e.g. Google drive, One drive, Ice Drive, Mega Drive etc; post the share link here in your topic please? 
  3. Does your child have access to Google Play Store; Microsoft store & or Apple store? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1. My child's device is an android phone Motorola Moto e6s) version 9.

2. The link to the zip file with the images is:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3-Z9E2BgoxgQ7zSwq8YfdOyz14

Please note, the images may not be in order.

3. My child has access to the Google Play store, but must seek permission before any apps can be installed.

Hello @Rob613

No problem☺ !

Thank you for the images & the additional information👌 . 

We’ve installed Gardenscapes on 2 androids (9 & 7), neither has Contact/FAQ 😥, see video

1. Which Gardenscapes version is installed? 
  2. Is there another game (we can test) that presents the same issue, best not to be Playrix, we checked 3 others, all have the same ⚙ ‘s options available as Gardenscapes. 
  3. Does your child have access to a full Google account or is Google Family Link used? 
  4. Which browser is your son permitted to use? 
  5. Do you wish for Youtube access to be permitted at all? 
Settings⚙ = Music, Sound, Help. 

https://youtu.be/hR8esu61r2E

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

Thanks for that.

The starting point for us was only once you were inside an active game. Once you are inside an active game then there is the settings button in the top right corner. Once you press that there should be a contact/FAQ option.

Have you tried starting a game and then selecting the settings button?

Have you tried starting a game and then selecting the settings button?

Hello @Rob613

Yes😅 ! We’ve played so many games of Gardenscapes, Wildscapes & Farmscapes, we’re becoming “experts”; but, we’ll go again, standby please! 

While you’re waiting, please provide the answers to our last questions, they’re important in the context of possibly developing a solution… 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

Sorry, I made a mistake. The app was Dragonscapes, not Gardenscapes. Does that make a difference?

That is only one example. There were quite a few other apps where this was an issue (not all of them were gaming apps). It appears that this issue comes up whenever you click on a link and you are then taken to a website within the app itself (that is, it doesn't try to navigate to a site via an internet browser app).

3. My child uses Family Link.

4. I don't allow my child to use any browser at all.

5. I don't want my child to have any access to YouTube. Would that be a problem for any potential solution?

1. The app was Dragonscapes, not Gardenscapes. Does that make a difference?
  2. That is only one example. There were quite a few other apps where this was an issue (not all of them were gaming apps). It appears that this issue comes up whenever you click on a link and you are then taken to a website within the app itself (that is, it doesn't try to navigate to a site via an internet browser app).
  3. My child uses Family Link.
  4. I don't allow my child to use any browser at all.
  5. I don't want my child to have any access to YouTube. Would that be a problem for any potential solution?

Hello @Rob613

Thank you for the update👌

1. Do we have to answer question 1😥 ? Seriously tho, it does not explain why your Gardenscapes has Settings, contact/FAQ, and ours does not → send us an image of Dragonscapes from the Google Play Store please? 
  2. Name the other apps & name the “ link" that’s selected for the redirect to be initiated - use the same format you did in your first reply, with the numbered list please - that was very well documented. 
  3. Good.
  4. Good. Post a full screen image of Application monitoring, Categories, Settings for application categories please - see our image 1 & 2, note: our image 2 shows every category Allowed, your Categories image should not look like ours
  5. Good. Don’t worry, we’ll add this & find the best solution, if at all possible. 

• 🅰  “discussion” point, (child) having access to Google Play Store is an exposure. We understand you get warnings; based on that, did you allow, i.e. grant permission for Dragonscapes, Gardenscapes & any other *scapes games to be installed?

• 🅱 Moving forward, if the link redirect issue is able to be managed, do you wish for your child to continue to be able to play Dragonscapes, Gardenscapes, any other *scapes games & any of the “other” apps you’ll be sending thru in the 2. List? 

Please send us KSK, APPLICATION CATEGORIES image, as you’ve configured it? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Rob613

Solutions:

1. Select Settings for application categories
  2. Change all red highlighted categories to Forbidden
  3. Download, install AppLock, use Applock to lock Google app, Chrome app & Native browser app → not shown locked.
  4. KSK, change Youtube to Forbidden 
  5. KSK, change AppLock to Forbidden 
  6. KSK, Settings is Forbidden by default

Edit, videos being added

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks again for looking into this. This looks promising. I will probably be a bit busy to sit down and try it for the next week or so, but when things quieten down a little I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.