KVRT command line

haiminh
Go to solution Solved by Yury N.,

15 hours ago, Yury N. said:

Hello.

Now this is impossible. Will be available in the next version of KVRT.

I really hope that, because I'm making an automatic USB scanning tool that runs with KVRT, but the scanning time is too long due to choosing those 3 options! Can you add function to scan specified file? I also really need that function! Thank you for your help

On 12/15/2023 at 2:37 PM, Yury N. said:

This is impossible. Administrator required.

Can you add the feature to bypass Administrator permissions? What if I only scan a certain folder or file? I tried using clamav and it worked! I think it would be great if I could scan without Administrator rights, making scanning easier and faster! And it is something that is really meaningful to me because it is suitable for the anti-virus software I am developing! Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (KVRT) does not have a command line interface that allows fine-grained control over certain scanning components such as system memory, startup items, and boot sectors.
 However, you can influence the behavior of KVRT by adjusting settings through the interface.
 If you want to perform a targeted scan of  specific folders and exclude other components,  try the following steps:

1. Open Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool: – Kaspersky Launch the virus removal tool.
 Applications on your computer.
 2. Configure scan settings:- Look for options that allow you to customize scan settings.
 This is usually available in the application's settings or preferences section.
 3. Exclude system memory, startup items, and boot sectors:  - Check your settings to see if there is an option to exclude specific components from scanning.
 Look for a checkbox or setting to scan system memory, startup items, and boot sector.
 Disable or disable these options if available.
 4. Set scan destination: - Set the scan destination to the specific folder you want to scan.
 Most antivirus tools allow you to specify a custom scan path.
 5. Start scan: - After adjusting settings to exclude unnecessary components and specifying folders to scan, start the scan.
 Please note that the exact steps and options may vary depending on the version of the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool you are using.
 We recommend that you refer to your product documentation or help resources for detailed instructions specific to your version.
 If you're looking for a  lightweight and customizable command-line antivirus tool, consider checking out other antivirus solutions that offer command-line options for targeted scanning.
 Please note that the specific features and options available may vary depending on your antivirus product.