KSK would block winlogon, can't create exception

Aurelsfr

Hi, I'm using Kaspersky Safe Kids in premium mode, and on one laptop (win 10), it blocks Windows Logon Application within 2 minutes, displaying a warning notification about it. Then it automatically closes the current Windows session.

But the thing is I can't create any exception for winlogon.exe, it doesn't show up in the applications list, and the kid can't ask for an exception on the notification, since there's no button like on the other applications notifications.

How can I fix that ?

on one laptop (win 10), KSK blocks Windows Logon Application within 2 minutes, displaying a warning notification about it. Then it automatically closes the current Windows session.

But the thing is I can't create any exception for winlogon.exe, it doesn't show up in the applications list, and the kid can't ask for an exception on the notification, since there's no button like on the other applications notifications.

How can I fix that ?

Hello @Aurelsfr

Welcome!

1. 🛑 winlogon.exe, is an essential part of the Windows OS, it’s not supposed to be blocked by KSK, there may be something wrong with the install, or it could be an issue with the OS🛑
  1. Also, there’s a number of time available alerts, before the laptop shuts down, at any of those prompts, (your) child can request more time, if the parent answers a request, the device does not shutdown, are those time alerts working

Link

Do the following please:

1. Check, do all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status?
  2. Tell us: Windows OS version & build
  3. Tell us: KSK version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  4. Take a screen print of the KSK alert when it blocks winlogon.exe, to share with us please?
  5. Take a screen print of the KSK Application Categories, to share with us please?
  6. Sign in to the administrator account of the computer. 
  7. Check the winlogon.exe path →  take a screen print to share with us please? 
  8. Close all running apps.  
  9. Uninstall KSK
  10. Shutdown the device using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, login. 
  11. Download a new KSK installer.
  12. Install KSK
  13. Configure KSK
  14. On the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select Settings sign into the KSK application (not your MyKaspersky account), select Other, in the Manual Settings Sync option, select Sync, make sure the banner alert shows Settings Synced
  15. Log off the KSK application (as parent).
  16. Log off the laptop (as parent). 
  17. Ask your child to login & recheck if the Windows Logon application (winlogon.exe) is still being blocked & is the laptop still shutting down with little warning?

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋