KSK is not blocking Roblox

JPK

This is a different issue than exploring previous KSK issues with Roblox.  In my case, KSK properly gives me the ability to restrict the amount of time Roblox is used.  However KSK incorrectly measures the amount of time on Roblox.  KSK always only reports 1 or 2 minutes used of Roblox when my child is in fact using Roblox for more than the 30 minutes I specified in the settings.  KSK appears to recognize Roblox at the start (perhaps the Roblox launcher) but then KSK ignores the time spent on Roblox.  I wonder if this is due to the fact KSK appears to categorize Roblox as “Unknown” rather than as “Games” ??

Note my initial install of KSK was after Roblox was already installed on the PC. I’ve uninstalled, shut down, reinstalled a few times.  Specifically I’ve uninstalled both KSK and Roblox, reinstalled KSK, then reinstalled Roblox afterward hoping the incorrect categorization may have been due to the sequence.  But no luck.  As part of that exercise I also deleted my kid’s KSK account in order to start fresh, but again no change in behavior.  I will note that when I deleted my kid’s account and then recreated his account, the KSK dashboard incorrectly showed Roblox as still being installed when in fact I had not reinstalled it yet.  Very strange.

So anybody experience this and have a solution? 

• PC Win10
  • KSK 1.0.5.8153(i)  premium paid
  • 2013 birth year
  • I’m loose on the rest of the settings, this is a pretty well isolated to this setting

1.   KSK incorrectly measures the amount of time on Roblox. 
  2. I wonder if this is due to the fact KSK appears to categorize Roblox as “Unknown” rather than as “Games” ??
  3. I will note that when I deleted my kid’s account and then recreated his account, the KSK dashboard incorrectly showed Roblox as still being installed when in fact I had not reinstalled it yet.  Very strange.

Hello @JPK

Welcome! 

Apologies for the delay, this took a little while to test & as there’s a number of points to address, to collate the information.  

1. We’re unable to replicate KSK incorrectly logging Roblox time used
  2. KSK does show Roblox in Category Games → image 1
  3. Roblox still showing in KSK after Roblox & KSK were uninstalled, (your) child’s KSK profile deleted, KSK reinstalled & configured, and no Roblox installed in Windows → this is an outstanding issue that was formally logged with Kaspersky / KSK experts, September 2019, as follows: Apps remain in the list after they are uninstalled…. 
  • November, 2019, the KSK expert team sent the following advisories:
  • Apps, except for those categorised as Operating Systems & Utilities OS Components, which have shortcuts in the Start menu, are added to the list when KSK is installed.
  • Apps which do not have a shortcut in Start menu are added to the list when they are launched.
  • A change is now being considered for KSK Windows to remove apps from the managed apps list after they are uninstalled."

We're still waiting. 

Note: KSK, application monitoring in the Android environment, updates in real-time; if apps are added, they’re reflected in KSK & if apps are deleted, they’re no longer reflected in KSK. 

Because, in your device, Roblox is not showing in KSK, Category Games, in the first instance, we’d recommend uninstalling Roblox, create a new standard Windows profile for your child, add the profile to KSK, then do a clean install of Roblox, check if KSK shows Roblox in Category Games? IF “no”, add that issue to the technical support request. 

To address the Roblox application use time not reflected accurately, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template → image 2;  Support may request Traces, Logs & other data; they will guide you.

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share the information with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋