KSK does not seem to control all type of browser/browsing activity

Hello, 

KSK seems to work, but my son can access many websites using an Opera based browser: Opera GX (designed for games).

I do not see any log on internet history concerning this browser in the report page of internet/application activities. So I guess it does not work properly. Could you check on your side?

Same with another app: WeChat (especially on smartphones), is the extremely popular alternative of WhatsApp, used by everyone in China: it can also work like a browser (since you can search the web, open links, etc.), but KSK does not seem to detect any activity of WeChat when it is used like a browser. Maybe the ports used are not standard? Could you do some verification? For me it's a big flaw, I'd like KSK to monitor properly those apps. 

Thank you! 

Additional information: 

KSK Latest (updated) version (parent PC : Windows 10 64bits)

Opera GX browser is installed on child's PC with Windows 11 home edition

WeChat is installed on child's Android Phone Redmi Note 12 (Android 12, MIUI 14)

5 hours ago, Toriatama said:
  • KSK Latest (updated) version (parent PC : Windows 10 64bits)
  • Opera GX browser is installed on child's PC with Windows 11 home edition
  • WeChat is installed on child's Android Phone Redmi Note 12 (Android 12, MIUI 14)
21 hours ago, Toriatama said:

2) KSK seems to work, but my son can access many websites using an Opera based browser: Opera GX (designed for games). I do not see any log on internet history concerning this browser in the report page of internet/application activities. So I guess it does not work properly. 

3)Same with another app: WeChat (especially on smartphones), is the extremely popular alternative of WhatsApp, used by everyone in China: it can also work like a browser (since you can search the web, open links, etc.), but KSK does not seem to detect any activity of WeChat when it is used like a browser.

Hello @Toriatama

Welcome back!

1) How are Settings configured? 

2) Opera / GX are forbidden by design / default, read: KSK, Limitations and warnings, Denylist of applications - if a parent decides to *allow* a child to use Opera  / GX - KSK monitors & logs the activity in KSK reports - the same as any other browser:

USER_2024-01-30_033418.thumb.jpg.d086c1d429c17dece82da3e98f162a44.jpg

USER_2024-01-30_151703.thumb.jpg.6b30914b2cfa806bdaf87ba9773d74eb.jpg

IF (your) KSK is not doing that *clean* install the software making sure first - to fully remove KSK on *all* devices & for that process *do not have any other application running*, at the end of the uninstall shutdown *each* device & leave it off & start working on the next one - when *all* devices *including* yours have KSK uninstalled - power  each device on, then start the install for each device, again do one at a time - at the completion of a full refresh of KSK on all devices  - shutdown / power OFF each device - do not use RESTART, when the devices are OFF, power ON by pressing the power button, login, recheck if KSK reports Opera/GX activity? 

3) We're not 'testing' WeChat in any shape or form - there's a multitude of reasons why. An apps *popularity* is not necessarily a measure of many aspects of an app, even Kaspersky makes note of this fact when they publish KSN data for *other* apps, advising KSN is nothing more that a collation of user data. 

4) You may wish to log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - we recommend you don't ask them to test WeChat, rather present the issue with *facts & data*:

• KSK is not working when WeChat (as a browser) is used.
  • Here's the URLs we used.
  • Here's the KSK reports.
  • Here's the screen images
  • blah, blah, blah

On the support page, as the WeChat issue happens across both Windows & Android, it's (your) decision which OS template you select, then select either Chat OR Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other:ksk-app-malf.thumb.png.b1bfaaf5c4e38ef1638cf9759b2e9b74.png

5) For the Redmi, download AIDA64 from GooglePlayStore & include a AIDA64 Report, for the Windows device if support need Logs or Traces they will guide you. 

6) For *all* devices, whether the topic is raised in the Forum OR shared with Kaspersky Customer Service *always* share: 

OS version & build, for Windows, in the Search field type WINVER, post the information shown in the About Windows applet? 

KSK version on each device:

- for Windows, in hidden icons - rightclick the KSK icon, select About? 

- for Android, open KSK, select the Parent icon, select About? 

IF there's an issue with an application, the full name & version of the application & IF the app is installed on *different* OS, for example Windows & Android, full name & version of the application *on all devices* 

Opera GX version on each device

- Windows? 

- Redmi? 

WeChat version on each device

- Windows? 

- Redmi?

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added KSK, Android Report image