KSK cannot block Silk browser on Fire OS

huynhHT

Hello,
My kid's Fire HD10, installed Kasperky Safe Kid pro version.
KSK can not block the Silk app (Silk is the default browser on Fire OS).
KSK doesn't recognize Silk at all, even if you select excluded apps when the device is locked. KSK still can't see Silk
Thanks

Hello, My kid's Fire HD10, installed Kasperky Safe Kid pro version.
KSK can not block the Silk app (Silk is the default browser on Fire OS).
KSK doesn't recognize Silk at all, even if you select excluded apps when the device is locked. KSK still can't see Silk, Thanks

Hello @huynhHT

Welcome!

Unfortunately, Kindle devices are not supported. 

We’ve confirmed this with Kaspersky Technical Support. 

We note your comments in another topic where you’ve advised you’ve installed KSK on the Kindle  Fire HD10, however, it does not change the fact that the Kindle Fire HD10 does not meet KSK Hardware & software requirements

Also, even tho you have KSK premium, there is no technical support for KSK installed on unsupported devices. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello Flood+
Although KSK does not support Kindle fire HD10, some functions may not work properly. But I can still install, and manage the schedule to turn on and off, the total usage time of the day of my son's HD10.
Best regards

Hello Flood+
Although KSK does not support Kindle fire HD10, some functions may not work properly. But I can still install, and manage the schedule to turn on and off, the total usage time of the day of my son's HD10. Best regards

Hello @huynhHT

Thank you for posting back! 

Absolutely & that’s great, however, if & when KSK does not work, the answer will not change, the issue is not KSK, it’s an unsupported device. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I have tried ways to get around this both inside and outside of Kaspersky but no joy so far.

It's basically like silk is invisible and doesn't get blocked by the browsers blocking either.

My daughter has figured out she can watch YouTube if she's off our home WiFi.

If anybody else has a solution would love to hear it.

I can confirm I've read above it's not a supported device and don't need to be told this again. Everything else with KSK is working so I don't want to buy new devices.

I can confirm I've read above it's not a supported device and don't need to be told this again. Everything else with KSK is working so I don't want to buy new devices.

Hello @TheCorm

Welcome!

Appreciate that you do not wish to be told  Fire HD10/Kindle devices are not supported, however, it’s relevant because, ordinarily, if your KSK was Premium/subscription, we’d recommend logging a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, but, because the device in question is unsupported, there is no technical support. 

Also, ordinarily, we’d do whatever possible to try to test & work out what is causing the issue, but, unfortunately, we don’t have a Kindle device, so cannot assist. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋