KSK, Application category is allowed, but the application is blocked?

josmi

I am on the my.kaspersky.com site to setup and administer the Kaspersky Safe Kids settings for my child. If I click on the little bell in the upper right corner of the webpage, in the notifications it says: "(NAME) tried to open the forbidden application Settings on the MI 8 Lite (Mobile) device. The application category: Tools, the age restriction: 0+." However, when I click on "Edit Settings" it says that the application is allowed. And yet he still cannot open the application. So if the Tools category is allowed, then why is the application blocked? The specific app name is "Cleaner" which performs the basic device maintenance of cleaning memory, old files, clearing up space, etc.

I have quite the same issue. I've marked several applications (like whatsapp for example) as available on the blocked device. But anyway those applications do not work when the device is blocked:( Device is Android

Hello @josmi & @Ageroge, Welcome! Without knowing which KSK products are installed, and on which operating systems, and if the same products versions are also used for the child/children, it's difficult to analyse and provide specific advice. I've been checking KSK software iused in our setup, which may be completely different to yours. If you could please provide: Parent device: opersting system, version, build? KSK version? Child device: operating system, version, build? KSK version? --- For the parent, using KSK via the web portal (MyKaspersky account), there are 3 places to manage applications: Please let us know? Thanks. References: https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/ksk-kisa-descoping/26010/ https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/smarter-safe-kids/27355/ https://help.kaspersky.com/KSK/Win1.5/en-US/94698.htm https://help.kaspersky.com/KSK/Mob1.0MR16update13/en-US/94982.htm https://help.kaspersky.com/KSK/Mac1.0MR4/en.lproj/index.htm

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue. My child using Android, Xiaomi note, latest version, parents phone is iPhone, premium version 1.37.0.79 my problem is that I can not add WhatsApp to the list of applications allowed to use when phone is out of limit. P,s help

I have the same issue. My child using Android, Xiaomi note, latest version, parents phone is iPhone, premium version 1.37.0.79 my problem is that I can not add Whats App to the list of applications allowed to use when phone is out of limit. P,s help
Hello Nicolay, Welcome! In your MyKaspersky account, go to: KSK Applications, Settings, ?search for WhatsApp, select Allowed (right hand side of screen), select Available on blocked device (left hand side of screen), select Save Please let me know if that works? Also Configuration of Kaspersky Safe Kids on Xiaomi devices may be useful. Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hello, I did it and checked on portal it’s not working and Xiaomi instructional. I checked it’s not helping. Print screen from my device and it’s not working on child’s device. I checked xiaomi once again, this is nothing to do with auto start. If you @FLOOD from Russia, we can switch if you want.
Hello Nicolay, Thanks for posting back and the information. Re "Russian language", there is no need, thank you for asking:pray_tone3:
  1. Re: iPhone, premium, 1.37.0.79, iPhone, which phone do you have?
  2. Both phones: may I have the operating system version & build?
  3. Both phones: may I have KSK version please?
  4. From MyK web portal, KSK, Applications, may I have screen print(s), of all applications that KSK has identified please?
  5. Android, please install Apk Info, export all applications info into CSV file, change the .csv to .txt, upload the file, using the Upload icon in your reply?
  6. Android, are there any OTHER apps installed on the android that KSK is not "seeing"?
  7. Android, have you uninstalled KSK, (1) rebooted android, full power off/on, downloaded & installed a new KSK installer, (2) rebooted android, full power off/on, configured KSK and rechecked the issue?
Please post back? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Nicolay,

Just wondering how you’re going with this?

Is KSK (Premium) version, on each device, the same

Have you logged the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support?

Please let me know?

Thank you

Reference: When using an iOS device, you can only control access to those applications that are not suitable to a child at a given age.

Hello again @Nicolay,

Additional information:

Android KSK current version is 1.27.0.1591, updated 29th October 2019

iOS KSK current version is 1.38.0, updated 25th Sep 2019

Please ask the Lab if it’s possible to use two different KSK versions? (iOS KSK Parent & Android KSK Child)

In case you do get it working, a previously removed app control feature, has been restored. 

iOS KSK 1.38.025

Thank you.