KSC11: possible issue with KB4493453 25 april 2019 update

This morning i have installed the KB4493453 update for Server 2008 R2 SP1 but where the KSC is installed i have a very high cpu consumption (100% with the server blocked). I believe the problem is in KSC because it is the only server that is giving me problems with this update installed. I had to uninstall the KB. On this server i'm using KSC11.0.0.1131 with KS Server 10.1.1.746. This KB is not a security update but these changes will be included in future updates. I wanted to publish this post here on the community because someone might have the same problem. Next week i will open a ticket with technical support. Thanks.

Hi GLFI69, that's strange, but I'm not surprised anymore about weird behavior of Windows updates in combination with Kaspersky Enterprise products... :grin: What are the specifications of your server on which KSC is installed? The current optimal requirements for KSC 11 and SQL Server installed on the same server for a network with < 50.000 devices are as follows:
  1. CPU: 8 cores, 2.5 GHz
  2. RAM size: 16 GB
  3. Hard disk: 500 GB, SATA RAID
  4. Network adapter: 1 gigabit
These requirements are of course extremely high compared to the minimum requirements. However, performance (CPU and RAM) should not be compromised. Keep us up2date, please! Leon :v_tone2:

• 3 months later...
Starting with KB 4493472 Monthly Rollup updates will no longer include PciClearStaleCache.exe. This installation utility addressees inconsistencies in the internal PCI cache. This can cause the symptoms listed below when installing monthly updates that do NOT include PciClearStaleCache:
  1. Existing NIC definitions in control panel networks may be replaced with a new Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) but with default settings. Any custom settings on the previously NIC persist in the registry but were unused.
  2. Static IP address settings were lost on network interfaces.
  3. Wi-Fi profile settings were not displayed in the network flyout.
  4. WIFI network adapters were disabled
For additional information visit: https://uaedatarecovery.com/data-recovery-dubai/