KSC Security Extension for Safari producing a False Negative (meaning extension is enabled)

Mattie

Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS Big Sur

Version 11.0.1 (20B29)

Notifications and Devices from the KSC web interface (my.kaspersky) shows this:

Once I click KSC on the MENU BAR:

Then select:

Then I select:

KSC and the Recommendations this is shown:

What is the work around for this? I have ensured it is enabled:

In another brief topic ...How do I disable the following Recommendation?

I, like many others in the Apple ecosystem use KeyChain with all of our devices, and do not need another PW manager. KeyChain works beautifully.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If this was posted incorrectly, kindly move to where it belongs as well as notifying me of the move.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSCMacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1 (20B29) Notifications and Devices from the KSC web interface (my.kaspersky) shows Enable security extension for SafariOnce I click KSC on the MENU BAR: Then select: KSC Then I select: Show all recommendations KSC and the Recommendations this is shown: Security  extension for Safari is enabled. I have ensured it is enabled; What is the work around for this?In another brief topic … How do I disable the KPM Recommendation? Thank you in advance for your help. If this was posted incorrectly, kindly move to where it belongs as well as notifying me of the move.

Hello @Mattie

Welcome!

1. Regarding the posting of the topic, it’s fine, Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) uses Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) software engine when installed. If the topic had to be moved, the move would be transparent; however, posting duplicate topics is not encouraged, we’ve asked the Moderators to remove the reply you posted in HokieJohn’s topic. 
  2. Regarding the KPM recommendation, during the KSC installation, was there an option to not install KPM? If “no”, please add the issue to the INC, see step 3. FYI, the same KPM issue previously existed for Windows users, Kaspersky processed a change and made KPM optional. 
  3. Regarding the persistent  Security  extension for Safari is enabled recommendation: please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, provide a detailed history, including all actions taken, include images & or video if they help explain the problem, the URL link to your Community topic; Support may request include MAC Log & Trace files, they will guide you if necessary:

4. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋