KPM (Android) Cannot add jpg document, not listed in phone folder

rhubear
Go to solution Solved by rhubear,

I took a photo of a phones details (IMEI & SN) , photo stored on phone memory (eg Downloads folder).  I try to get JPG photo into KPM via Add/Document.  KPM takes me to folder listing per usual, I navigate to Downloads, get listing of files there.  My new JPG NOT included in listing, just older files/documents….

Have to use my Win10 KPM to import document!?

This is far too major a bug to be left in place.

I took a photo of a phones details (IMEI & SN) , photo stored on phone memory (eg Downloads folder).  I try to get JPG photo into KPM via Add/Document.  KPM takes me to folder listing per usual, I navigate to Downloads, get listing of files there.  My new JPG NOT included in listing, just older files/documents…. Have to use my Win10 KPM to import document!? This is far too major a bug to be left in place.

Hello @rhubear

Welcome again!

What bug?

Android device → original file 

Windows explorer, original file, still located on Android

KPM, add document, browser for files selected, file found, (Windows explorer) open selected

KPM automatically  opens “Add document” popup, select Add

KPM shows “Delete source files” popup

KPM shows “1 document was added to the vault

Result: KPM gui, search, shows imported, converted doc, selecting details, shows extended information

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Documents

Document details

Kaspersky Password Manager optimize files before adding them in to your vault. Big files are compressed: the final size of a document in the vault is not more than 6 MB. PNG and BMP images are converted to JPEG format

I took a photo of a phones details (IMEI & SN) , photo stored on phone memory (eg Downloads folder).  I try to get JPG photo into KPM via Add/Document.  KPM takes me to folder listing per usual, I navigate to Downloads, get listing of files there.  My new JPG NOT included in listing, just older files/documents…. Have to use my Win10 KPM to import document!? This is far too major a bug to be left in place.

Hello @rhubear

Welcome again!

What bug?

Android device → original file 

Windows explorer, original file, still located on Android

KPM, add document, browser for files selected, file found, (Windows explorer) open selected

KPM automatically  opens “Add document” popup, select Add

KPM shows “Delete source files” popup

KPM shows “1 document was added to the vault

Result: KPM gui, search, shows imported, converted doc, selecting details, shows extended information

OMG, you’re actually CONNECTING THE PHONE TO PC to get the document uploaded to KPM??

Well, thats the BUG…..  Android KPM SHOULD be able to do this QUITE EASILY itself.

Of course I can get the document onto my PC, via wifi attached NAS, then into KPM.

Kaspersky can QUITE EASILY sort their problems with Android KPM out.  Its already got better since I’ve been using it.

I know HOW to add an image in Android KPM.  My post was about the fact that when I get the list of available files in the folder where my image is (say Downloads), the image that I WANT to add is NOT in the list KPM gives me, just OLDER documents.  Ie the “file pick list” is not up to date...

Ie Android KPM is NOT handling the document addition correctly.  

In my experience, this is an Android issue.  On PC, document/JPG addition into KPM works fine.

Hello @rhubear,

You’re welcome!

• Documents are added from path  Documents → Gallery.
  • ✅ Android/KPM application works exactly as it should✅

If you believe your KPM application is not working, as per the documentation, contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, make sure you select your Android version, include:

1.  A detailed history?
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. How did you try to solve the problem?
  4. Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?
  6. Support may request traces & or other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: Android, KPM → documents

• Solution

The problem I had with document adds was because KPM was displaying files in “name order” not in “date/modified order”, and far as I see, no way to switch between the two.  Not a bug, but a lack of feature.

Your examples to me showed 1 JPG in each folder.  I have many, so my “latest JPG” got lost amongst a large folder.

Yes, I will be submitting a suggestion for this improvement.