KIS not allowing Internet Download manager to download.

Remo
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

KIS version:  21.3.10.39(j)

IDM version:  6.41

Firefox: 106

I am getting the error 'ssl_connect error 5' when I try to download anything using IDM when KIS is active.  IDM works perfectly when all KIS protection is paused via the pause protection dialog accessed through the task bar menu.  When I go through KIS and disable each protection to determine which KIS module is causing the issue, IDM will throw the same error even if ALL the modules are disabled.  IDM has full access via the KIS firewall application rules.  I have no idea what else to try.

• Solution
28 minutes ago, Remo said:

KIS version:  21.3.10.39(j), IDM version:  6.41, Firefox: 106

I am getting the error 'ssl_connect error 5' when I try to download anything using IDM when KIS is active.  IDM works perfectly when all KIS protection is paused via the pause protection dialog accessed through the task bar menu.  When I go through KIS and disable each protection to determine which KIS module is causing the issue, IDM will throw the same error even if ALL the modules are disabled.  IDM has full access via the KIS firewall application rules.

Hello @Remo
Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resource