KIS Frequently Crashing, Especially During Scans

Hello all,

Thank you for looking; I appreciate your time!

KIS version 21.3.10.391 

Win 10 Home x64 Build 19045

KIS has begun briefly crashing and restarting within seconds, both passively and especially during full scans.

The crashes during scans happen at different points in the scan i.e. not at the same % completion / block of files being scanned.

I can still complete quick scans, and background scans complete successfully.

At first I could start a new full scan and it would complete most of the time; now it crashes at every full scan. 

When KIS crashes, I get a notification (as expected) from Windows Defender that I should turn on Virus Protection.

There have been no significant changes to my OS environment other than Win and KIS updates.

I have not installed any other programmes recently. I am not running any other AVP.

KIS stop 2.jpg

KIS stop.jpg

Windows Defender notice.jpg

15 minutes ago, WChanwer said:

KIS version 21.3.10.391, Win 10 Home x64 Build 19045

KIS has begun briefly crashing and restarting within seconds, both passively and especially during full scans.

The crashes during scans happen at different points in the scan i.e. not at the same % completion / block of files being scanned.

I can still complete quick scans, and background scans complete successfully.

At first I could start a new full scan and it would complete most of the time; now it crashes at every full scan. 

When KIS crashes, I get a notification (as expected) from Windows Defender that I should turn on Virus Protection.

There have been no significant changes to my OS environment other than Win and KIS updates.

I have not installed any other programmes recently. I am not running any other AVP.

Hello @WChanwer

Welcome!

Please read: What to do if a Kaspersky application stops responding or closes unexpectedly?

*However* KIS has been replaced by Kaspersky's *new* generation software, (you) may wish to upgrade to Kaspersky Standard, the upgrade is free, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.; the download is available at: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋