Kidsafe: Getting "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain" Cloudflare-dns.com on non-monitored account

MikeinDC
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I am getting the error message below repeatedly on my computer while using a non-monitored adult account.  I use Norton Security for my virus protection and have a paid subscription for Kaspersky Kidsafe installed to monitor my kid’s accounts.  As this is a non-monitored account, the solution I’ve found to whitelist the site isn’t applicable.  It is happening several times an hour and is particularly troublesome as the pop-up steals focus each time.  I am running Windows 10 and using Chrome.  Any ideas beyond uninstalling the application?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Solution

Hello @MikeinDC,

Welcome back!

• Just for clarity, if Continue is selected, does the alert persist? 
  • Has KSK been uninstalled according to documented procedures & a fresh install done? If “yes” and the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, provide a full history, a GSI & Windows logs, images; they  may request Traces, if so they will guide you with the collection steps. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD,  Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, it does continue presenting the error after a period of time even though I hit continue.  I will uninstall and reinstall and see what happens and open a ticket if it persists.

Hope you are still well and happy.

Mike

Hello @MikeinDC,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the update, and the kind wishes🤗 We have the same hopes for you & your family? 

Personally, I’ve never seen KSK generate this particular error🤔

Also check Windows is up-to-date, Chrome is up-to-date, Norton is up-to-date, if after all checks and a reinstall, the issue continues, definitely raise with TS and please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 5 months later...

Update - After this exchange, I uninstalled the app from my computer, which stopped the error.  I then forgot about it for a few months and didn’t reinstall.  I finally reinstalled about a month ago and the error didn’t come back.  Earlier this week, I had a problem with Verizon and they rebooted my ONC (telephone junction box for FIOS) and the error came back immediately upon reboot.  ???

It is now also happening on my sons computer.

I’ll be opening a support request now.

THanks