Kids device usage thinks computer is always in use

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello @Ignatius_Reilly,

Thank you for replying and the images👌

• There’s been a problem, attaching .csv files, that was supposed to have been fixed, I’ll let @stanislav.fedoseev know; in the meantime, please save the Summary report as a .txt (text file), and attach📎 please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Ignatius_Reilly,

• Re “what tells Kaspersky that the PC is “in use”?  mouse or keyboard inputs, simply being logged in?”, none of those are logged by KSK Device use time, however, to assist, we do need to see the data please. 
  • Please upload the Summary Report to any cloud service & post the link please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Ignatius_Reilly,

Thanks for the data👌

• What does “I set it to allow 24 hours at about 10:40” mean please?, is it 4hrs daily - weekdays, 6hrs Sat, 7hrs Sunday or ? 
  • May I have an image of device use for the last 24hrs, see my image as an example:
  • & looking at the Summary Report, is the problem, the timeframe between 12:00am & 03:08am? 

5/4/2020 12:00:00 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 60
5/4/2020 1:00:00 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 0
5/4/2020 1:00:08 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 60
5/4/2020 2:00:08 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 0
5/4/2020 2:00:08 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 60
5/4/2020 3:00:08 AM -04:00;Child-n; Device-PC; 59

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Ignatius_Reilly ,

• Interim update: duplicating your settings, note: atm, (my) test has not covered a full 24hrs

• What’s interesting is: between 06:15 & 07:19, the device was on, no humans were at home🤔
  1. When the issue happened (for you), which accounts were logged on to the PC? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Ignatius_Reilly

Update: according to the KSK version 1.0.5, patch e release notes:

Improved the count of the application use time. Now only the time when the app is open in the foreground.

Unquote. 

Note, even tho the documented patch e release date is May 12th, 2020, @Mikhail Shakhov has advised “Patch E will be published soon: May 21st, 2020 (100% target delivery) “ 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳