Kid can bypass blocks on apps after they are blocked.

Jbailey

My son has a Galaxy A51 5G (SM-A516U) cell phone. Android version 13. He is given an allotted time to access apps and the internet. After the time has expired, he can click on the settings tab or any app multiple times until it lets him through. Sometime it takes a bunch of tries, but in the end he is able to get it open. It can be a game, Youtube, whatever he wants. Is this a bug in the software? 

He also learned how to disable the block by going through settings and disabling the accessibility control.  

37 minutes ago, Jbailey said:
  1. He also learned how to disable the block by going through settings and disabling the accessibility control.  
  2. My son has a Galaxy A51 5G (SM-A516U) cell phone. Android version 13. He is given an allotted time to access apps and the internet. After the time has expired, he can click on the settings tab or any app multiple times until it lets him through. Sometime it takes a bunch of tries, but in the end he is able to get it open. It can be a game, Youtube, whatever he wants.
  3. Is this a bug in the software? 

Hello @Jbailey

Welcome!

1. Settings is *supposed* to be BLOCKED by default, KSK has not been configured correctly. 
  2. When the time has expired the *desktop* of the Android device changes, leaving only apps expressly permitted by the parent, by your problem description, it sounds as if KSK has not been installed & configured correctly?
  3. No. Please change Settings to Forbidden.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

13 minutes ago, Jbailey said:
  1. I have marked Settings as forbidden. He can still get past it.

Hello @Jbailey

You're most welcome!

1. When the Device use time has expired, which apps show on the Android desktop - post a screen-print? 

IF KSK is Premium, not Free, log a request with Kaspersky support, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added a question

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.284ec013b998c82f7f1e25e0ce11e351.jpegHe told me how he does it. When he reboots his phone the settings tab shows up for a brief second and if he taps on it, it will allow him to go in and change the settings. The software sends me a notice when he does this because it treats it as he is trying to uninstall it. The problem is that he will do it while at school and I can't do anything about it until he gets home. I am ready to buy him a flip phone. 

1 hour ago, Jbailey said:
  1. He told me how he does it.
  2. When he reboots his phone, the settings tab shows up for a brief second and if he taps on it, it will allow him to go in and change the settings.
  3. The software sends me a notice when he does this because it treats it as he is trying to uninstall it.
  4. The problem is that he will do it while at school and I can't do anything about it until he gets home.
  5. I am ready to buy him a flip phone. 

Hello @Jbailey

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. That always helps!
  2. Post screen images of the options he's changing *after* he's accessed Settings -> we'd like to try & replicate? 
  3. The software is working as intended. 
  4. We can't do anything about that. 
  5. Good idea. 
  6. Did you report the issue to Support?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added Q. 6.

• 1 month later...

I finally got everything to Support that they requested. They responded with:

"We have gone ahead to escalate this issue to our experts for further review. Kindly wait for our response."

We will see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Afif said:

same thing happened with me, whenever my child device rebooted it became unblocked. How to fix this issue?

Hello @Afif

Welcome!

1. Check IF KSK has been configured *exactly* as per the documentation, with *every* permission that should have been assigned done so in the correct manner?
  2. IF KSK is Premium, not Free, log a request with Kaspersky support, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?