KES version installed on workstation differs from what KSC is reporting

Prior to upgrade to KSC 13 workstations had KES 11.4 installed. After upgrading KSC I began deploying new agents and new KES versions.  After deployment task KSC shows workstations having 11.7 installed, but users in their tray  report 11.4 still being installed. is it possible that KSC installed new version atop of the old one. What is the fastest way to uninstall legacy version through without uninstall of the 11.7.

In order to complete the update, the computer needs to be restarted (the local K icon will still show the old version until reboot).

Where do you see the 11.7 version in KSC? Normally, the Plugin will be updated to the latest version and therefore will always show 11.7 (the latest).

That computer was restarted and after that  not only K icon shows 11.4  in tray but when I click on it i get different versions of app than in places where 11.4 was manually uninstalled prior to installing 11.7 .

Why is it that computers upgraded by KSC task have still old version running parallel to the new one? Why would they be showing 11.4 and have different interface from the ones that had 11.4 uninstalled (albeit by KSC task). Does this mean that in order to have 11.7 running properly as standalone I need to start uninstall tasks first than install later separately.? I thought it was done automatically  once installation establishes that older (incompatible software) is installed.

Yes, i see in KSC that all workstations that have been upgraded run KES 11.7

Could you please provide a screenshot of that behavior, this is really strange (have never seen that)? Normally, KSC only starts the msi with some parameters, it is all done by the Installation program on the computer itself.
You can start an installation task targeted on a computer which already has an older KES installed and it replaces that after the next restart. You can also start an uninstall task, reboot and start the install task.

My experience is that the installation of 11.7 replaces 11.x (older versions). I think that in your case, it just did not do an installation of 11.7 (you still have the old 11.4 version installed).

You can search for PCs with that specific KES version (or make a computer selection) and start the task only for these computers (mark them, right click, start task…)

Have you seen the 3rd screenshot from the task manager.? There are 2 versions running simultaneously!? None of the computers got 11.7 properly. Only mine, where I ran the uninstall task manually, 11.7 is the (only) main app.

On all the others it looks like the 11.7 is installed (got no error from install task  - all 100% finished) but not running as “main”.  Do I need to uninstall both of them and then run 11.7 install task or I can selectively uninstall 11.4. 

When I start the gui, I have the same task manager entries than you (two processes, the service avp.exe and a second one, avpui.exe). What happens when you right click on the process -> properties (where are the processes located on the disk, are they all located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows)?