KES update remote

Go to solution Solved by alexcad,

I upgraded from KSC 11 to KSC 12.

Next step is to update KES. I created the task but it is failing.

Error:
Remote installation has been completed with an error on this device: Fatal error during installation. (Your computer already has another localization of a Kaspersky application installed. Please uninstall it before installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.)

The update of the network agent was successful.
Only the above error message appears on the console. Do you have any other logs to look at?

Have you ever seen this error? Do you know how to solve it? Any other troubleshooting action?

• Solution

It is likely that version 11.0 was actually installed in a different language?
Which language is displayed in the local KES11.0 GUI on Client and in which language is installation-package version 11.2 created?

Question: Why do you want to roll out KES11.2? Current and recommended is KES11.4.

Uninstalling an old version first may be a good idea anyway:

Regards
Alex​​​​​​​

It is likely that version 11.0 was actually installed in a different language?
Which language is displayed in the local KES11.0 GUI on Client and in which language is installation-package version 11.2 created?

Question: Why do you want to roll out KES11.2? Current and recommended is KES11.4.

Uninstalling an old version first may be a good idea anyway:

Regards
Alex

The problem was the language itself. I downloaded KES in the same language as the client and managed to update successfully. Thank you very much.

Usually it is no problem to install KES in english, for example on a german operating system. We have large customers for whom KES is installed exclusively in the corporate language, regardless of the localization of the operating system. 
However, a german KES installation cannot be upgraded with an english version. To do this, the german version must first be uninstalled.

Regards
Alex