KES 11.3 Bug Report - Windows 7 Pro

It seems that KSC pushed out KES 11.3 last week (or one of my team did it without updating notes).

We had a couple stations start booting up and not logging on properly.  Stations are Windows 7 Pro.

They stated that they couldn’t connect to the “Windows Event Notification Service”.

Searching online I found a post about someone disabling a setting called "Prevent infection during operating system restart" in Kaspersky Internet Security to fix this issue.

I couldn’t find such a setting in KSC policies but switched these stations to the WSEE product and the issue is gone.  Posting as an FYI or a bug report for Kaspersky.

I’m having the same problem for almost all domain client computers when upgraded to 11.3. Guess it’s my own problem as I didn’t hear another one got this issue so far.

I’m still finding the cause and the solution. Tried to not select the option Scan encrypted connections in Settings > General Setting > Network Settings > Encrypted connections scan. Then might need to restart several times. It worked for all my domain WIN7 clients but seems still not good for non domain stand alone WIN7 computers. Stand alone WIN10 was not affected.

It also seems related to some policy settings. My KSC version is still 10.5.1781.

Support wasn’t any real help.  Had us downgrade the impacted  clients to 11.2.  We had a few more pop up since my post.  Thankfully it’s not all as you’re experiencing.  If we have more show symptoms, I’ll change the setting you’ve indicated as all our machines are in a domain.

I’m having the same problem for almost all domain client computers when upgraded to 11.3. Guess it’s my own problem as I didn’t hear another one got this issue so far.

I’m still finding the cause and the solution. Tried to not select the option Scan encrypted connections in Settings > General Setting > Network Settings > Encrypted connections scan. Then might need to restart several times. It worked for all my domain WIN7 clients but seems still not good for non domain stand alone WIN7 computers. Stand alone WIN10 was not affected.

It also seems related to some policy settings. My KSC version is still 10.5.1781.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.3.0 for Windows is only compatible with Kaspersky Security Center 12. See this article:

https://support.kaspersky.com/15406#block4

Yes,  I know the KSC compatibility. So just tried to see whether it really worked or not. 

What I tested it seems working fine under my KSC 10.5.1781. Also I have installed on a non domain stand alone WIN7 which was not under any KSC. It got the same problem. It means it’s not the KSC compatibility issue because the stand alone WIN7 computer was not related to KSC.

We’re running KSC 12 and the issue is certainly client side related.

Are your client computers WIN7 Pro or WIN10? The issue is affecting on WIN7 Pro.

Win7 Pro.  I’m the OP here.

It’s not 100% of the computers but several have cropped up.  We’re finding that more are impacted but it’s been masked by some machines using administrator level permissions.

Did you try to  not select the option Scan encrypted connections in Settings > General Setting > Network Settings > Encrypted connections scan?

Tried that.  Been working with Kaspersky support much of the day.  Now we’re disabling components one at a time...

Update:  This is being escalated to engineering.

The Kaspersky support person said today  (Summarized) ‘I would not deploy current versions of the product.  If 11.3 is released, wait for 11.3.1 to deploy’

They’re apparently really confident in their dev cycle.

• 1 month later...

On Monday we received pfix 8036 from Kaspersky support which has resolved the problem in our environment.  I would suggest opening a case with them to receive the same and test in your environment since it’s not a fully released patch at this time.