KAV logs "skipped" [moved]

I am running the web server command line version for plesk mailenable.  In the csv logs I see entries that say skipped.  Some are even right after the same email that was clearly marked as containing a virus.  What does skipped mean?  Also, why are emails still coming through regardless of them containing a doc attachment that contains a trojan?  Nothing is blocked it seems.  There is no config screen or anything with this version as it is only command line.

Hello @sashap,

Welcome!

Which Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed, KAV from Kaspersky’s home software range or a Kaspersky business product?

Please tell us the full name and version?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I don’t have the version.  It is intended as a plugin for Mailenable email server running on Plesk for Windows.  It is a command line system that generates csv logs only.  No panel for settings etc.   The logs are simple line entries with date, from, to and status.   The status line says skipped for many entries.  I just need to know what “skipped” means.

Hello @sashap,

You’re welcome!

• Is it a Kaspersky plugin?

Generically “skipped” means ignored, passed over, left out, not analysed, etc.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

It is an RPM file that is installed on a windows server with Plesk as a plugin.

What is the point of skipping an email that needs scanning?  How do we prevent this?

There is a very bad trojan circulating that we are trying to prevent our email users from getting and it simply skips them?  What is the point of skipping?  I would rather delay delivery and scan rather than skip.  There is next to no information on this software and I can’t find support for it either.

Hello @sashap,

Thank you for the PM.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

HI,

This is of no use.  The support requires me to select the product key that I am using and I did that as well as tried to upload the key file.  However, in both cases it says they are invalid.  Plus, there is nowhere on their systems that even mention this version of the software even though I purchased it on Friday.  I just now saw on the server extensions that it has a 2 out of 5 star rating.  I see why now.  How could they sell the product as a direct plugin but have no way to offer support?  Never seen a company like this.  They don’t allow support unless I can provide them with the information that I provided (I even exported it directly from the system).

Hello @sashap,

You’re welcome!

• On the Support page, select your Location, then select Application Use, if Phone & or Online Chat are available in your location, use one of those options. 
  • If you’ve purchased a Kaspersky product from a legitimate source, the support options available for each specific product, are always provided. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳