Kaspersky wrongly detects EXE as Trojan

Hello everyone, I have recently installed Kaspersky Antivirus on my computer and it has detected one of my EXE files as a Trojan. However, I am pretty sure that this file is not a Trojan and is safe to use. I have tried to exclude this file from scanning, but Kaspersky still detects it as a Trojan. I would like to know if anyone else has faced a similar issue with Kaspersky and how they resolved it. Is there any way to whitelist this file or tell Kaspersky that it is not a Trojan? I have also scanned this file with other antivirus programs and they did not detect any threat. Thank you for your help.

Hello @williammcgrath

Welcome!

IF the software is Kaspersky Antivirus it's from Kaspersky's old software range - version 21.3x, if it's Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, it's the new range - version 21.9x - check first, bc, the method to create the exclusion differs; to find the version, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?

?IF it's Kaspersky Antivirus 21.3x, use the following method, *only if you trust the object*:

?IF it's Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium - version 21.9xuse the following method, *only if you trust the object*:

?You can also submit the file/object to Kaspersky's Virus Lab experts -> they're the only ones who are able to verify a False positive, request their analysis, follow: Kaspersky application blocks my website or application. What should I do? - this includes an analysis using: https://opentip.kaspersky.com/.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Formatting || added additional resource.