Kaspersky Update Utility Not using all downloaded update files

aug7744

Hello users.

I have used Kaspersky Update Utility 3.2.0.153 and selected to update Kaspersky Antivirus Free 18.0.0.405.0.3457 and configured to download modules and database.

The total download was 857 MB.

When starting Kaspersky Antivirus Free 18.0.0.405.0.3457 and configuring correctly to use the folder where KIS had downloaded the updates the update process work correctly, but the total data displayed in Kaspersky Antivirus Free 18.0.0.405.0.3457 update window is less of 150 MB and after of update process is displayed an symbol that update was done and the antivirus is up to date.

From an 857 MB update files was copied only less of 150 MB.

I not understand if is displayed only the definitions transfer size because if was also copied modules the antivirus continue displaying 18.0.0.405.0.3457 version.

Thus being if really was used only less of 150 MB how I can download only the need to update correctly ?

850 MB is very big size for an update.

How download exaclty that Kaspersky Antivirus Free 18.0.0.405.0.3457 really need ?

Thanks for reply.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

KIS/KAV/KFA/KTS which have the same protection mode will download same database file. But KFA only download and install its necessarily file. So this behavior will happen. You can see ‘Updates’ folder in database download root path. As you can see,  it has all product function name and its files.

Regards.