Kaspersky Total On New Windows Laptop?

Joefram80

Am going to install kaspersky total on new windows laptop.

So go to kaspersky site and sign in, then go download kaspersky total?  Someone can give me the official link?  Also when i google, i went to the usa kaspersky which shows different kaspersky?  There is kaspersky standard, plus and premium?  Still using kaspersky total.  So where do i download it?  There is at the bottom on previous products so download update for kaspersky total security?

Also best way to make my kaspersky settings on old laptop the same as the new laptop?  Manually look at every setting and make changes or i could transfer the settings somehow?

1 hour ago, Joefram80 said:
  • Am going to install Kaspersky total on new windows laptop.
  1. Best way to make my Kaspersky settings on old laptop the same as the new laptop? 
  2. Download Kaspersky total?  Someone can give me the official link? 

Hello @Joefram80

Welcome back!

1. On original computer - Export Kaspersky Total Security Settings -> open KTS, select Settings, select Manage Settings, select Export -> save the configuration file; then, on the *new* computer, after you've installed KTS application & have the saved KTS configuration file available - repeat the steps but use Import - to import the KTS configuration file.  
  2. Download from Kaspersky's global websiteKaspersky Total Security for Windows® - there's also an option for California (if that's relevant). 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 10/4/2022 at 2:27 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Joefram80

Welcome back!

1. On original computer - Export Kaspersky Total Security Settings -> open KTS, select Settings, select Manage Settings, select Export -> save the configuration file; then, on the *new* computer, after you've installed KTS application & have the saved KTS configuration file available - repeat the steps but use Import - to import the KTS configuration file.  
  2. Download from Kaspersky's global websiteKaspersky Total Security for Windows® - there's also an option for California (if that's relevant). 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks for the response.  So to confirm, on the older laptop with total kaspersky, after I click the Export, it then brings me to where I name the file and default seem to be my downloads folder.  So now I just give it a name like kaspersky setting?  Then click okay?

When I go to my documents page, I see tht kaspersky security settings document and its named 

Kaspersky Setting.cfg and the file is like 1800kb.  So that is done correct?

Then either upload this file to the cloud or usb flash drive.

Now when I install kaspersky total on the new computer.  Then after install,

Then go to settings and import that same file from either the cloud or the usb flash drive with that kaspersky setting.cfg file that is 1800kb and everything on this computer will be the same as the older computer?

Edited by Joefram80

Im from the US but not California.  So what is the official link for this?  The link you provided me is a global one but when i type in google search kaspersky total it is this one?

https://usa.kaspersky.com/total-security

Also when I installed kaspersky earlier this year, did I use the usa one or the regular one?  Or it doesn't matter as it is the same?

So the way it was downloaded earlier in the year is different than now?  It might been usa.kaspersky but not sure.

4 hours ago, Joefram80 said:
  1. So, to confirm, on the older laptop with total Kaspersky, after I click the Export, it then brings me to where I name the file and default seem to be my downloads folder.  So now I just give it a name like Kaspersky setting?  Then click, okay?
  2. When I go to my documents page, I see that Kaspersky security settings document and its named Kaspersky Setting.cfg and the file is like 1800kb.  So that is done, correct?
  3. Then either upload this file to the cloud or usb flash drive.
  4. Now when I install Kaspersky total on the new computer.  Then after install, go to settings and import that same file from either the cloud or the usb flash drive with that Kaspersky setting.cfg file that is 1800kb and everything on this computer will be the same as the older computer?

Hello @Joefram80

You're most welcome!

1. Yes.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, the import will import the Kaspersky application settings that were current at the time the export .cfg file was saved. 
  • ?The Kaspersky software will reflect the existing environment, the Kaspersky app does not *install* apps or software from the .cfg file - the .cfg file is *Kaspersky settings* only?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife