Kaspersky suddenly blocking Origim

MuggleMe

Kaspersky has suddenly been blocking my attempt to open and update Origin itself and any related games. Never had this issue a few weeks ago. 

Origin is on the trusted list. 

I don’t understand and I don’t know how to otherwise fix this.  See image below also. I click retry but nothing comes up after that at all. 

I do not want to turn anything off to put my PC at risk.

Please help ASAP, English only please.

Hello @MuggleMe 
Welcome!
Please tell us:

1 Operating system version & build?

2 KAV version & patch(x)?

The easiest way to find 1 & 2, open KAV, select Headset🎧 (lower left hand corner of KAV main screen), Support window opens, on this window you'll find 1 & 2.
---
3 Is KAV licensed?
4 Have you uninstalled & reinstalled Origin?
--
5 To help me understand please, from the image, how is it showing Origin is blocked by KAV?
Please let me know?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hi, and thank you! This is my first post and I’m not very technical when it comes to things like this.

1: Windows 10 Home x64 Build 18362
2: 20.0.14.1085 (g)

3: Yes? Bought through yourselves, full thing.

4: Not recently, no. Origin was trying to update Origin itself and then a game but Kaspersky is refusing. There’s no pop-ups though that come up from either Origin or Kaspersky.
5: It says from, the image that the PC is blocking it from happening. Kaspersky is my protection. Ages ago it used to come up as a pop-up on bottom right of PC about it wanting to make changes but this hasn’t seem to have appeared. Not that I’ve noticed but it might have and I might’ve just not seen. 

Hello @MuggleMe

You’re very welcome☺ !

• I still don't see KAV being the problem, from the image I see Windows has "blocked"

(A)
Your operating system is 1903 (May 2019 update), Windows has since released 1909 (November 2019 update), Origin advisory is: Update your operating system to use all of Origin's features.

(B)

For Windows “Blocked” issues, Origin advice is to add Origin executables exclusions to Windows Firewall (this is if you’re using Windows Firewall, if you’re using another Firewall let me know, I’ll help). 

However, (imo), it would be better to uninstall / reinstall Origin & start afresh. If you decide to do this, please follow the steps below: 

Windows:

1. Create a System Restore Point.
  2. Clear contents of Temp folders: (note, there will be some files & folders "In use", select Skip & there may be some file/folders requiring "Administrator" permission, select OK or Yes to grant permission)

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Origin:

1. Uninstall Origin

Windows:

1. Shutdown PC, by selecting Shutdown, not Restart, power on PC, login.

KAV:

1. Start KAV, do not start any other applications or browsers atm.
  2. Run manual KAV Database Update - allow it to complete.
  3. Run manual KAV Full Scan - allow it to complete. 

Origin:

1. Download and install Origin, with Administator permission. 

Windows:

1. Shutdown PC, by selecting Shutdown, not Restart, power on PC, login.

KAV:

Make sure KAV is enabled/active.

Windows:

1. Make sure Firewall is active with no errors.

Origin:

1. Start Origin (as Administrator), check version, should be Origin Version 10.5.60.37244 - 758140

2. If the original issue is fixed👏 please let me know?
  3. If the original issue repeats😥 contact Origin Support & Kaspersky Technical Support & please let me know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳