Kaspersky Standard - Event Logs In Security Tab - Do they auto delete old logs?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Good Day

I have Kaspersky Standard License, and in the security tab, you can track all event logs, I was just wondering if the logs have a auto remove function for logs older then lets say +/- 40 days, as I am missing logs from a month back, and they were there a few days ago, so just wondering if it's just getting auto deleted, and how would I get those logs back if I need to search something that has been deleted.

Thanks.

• Solution
1 hour ago, RichyZA said:

I have Kaspersky Standard License, and in the security tab, you can track all event logs, I was just wondering if the logs have a auto remove function for logs older then lets say +/- 40 days, as I am missing logs from a month back, and they were there a few days ago, so just wondering if it's just getting auto deleted, and how would I get those logs back if I need to search something that has been deleted.

Hello @RichyZA

Welcome!

The default setting is 30 days, once deleted those logs cannot be retrieved. 

Please read: Reports and Quarantine settings

In the Reports section, you can configure the settings for report creation and storage.

Store reports no longer than

If this check box is selected, reports are deleted after the specified length of time. Reports can be stored for one day, one week, one or six months, or one year.

When the specified value is reached, the application deletes all report entries older than the specified number of days minus 10%. If you enter a value of 30 days, whenever an event older than 30 days occurs in the report, all events that have been stored for more than 27 days are deleted from the report.

If this check box is cleared, the storage duration for reports is unlimited.

USER_2024-03-11_045918.thumb.png.d8f28bb527e1f5d74c54a7faf8fc9f0c.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋