Kaspersky security center 15 for Windows server

Go to solution Solved by massimo-italy,

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that KSC 15 will be released for Windows server or after the EOL of KSC 14.2.x i will have to move to another brand.
I use KES products since the KSC was called "admin kit".
I'm very disappointed.

Thanks, regards.

massimo

• Like 1

Hello Massimo,

the alternative way would be installing KSC for Linux as it offers administration of Windows clients too. Also it would be possible to change to KSC Cloud version. Your existing KSC for Windows can be migrated to the KSC Cloud console (needs a new license).

For more information on this refer to the Online Help and to get some consultants contact a partner, support or sales team
Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console Help

I hope I have been able to help you and remain
with Best Regards

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I've setup the Linux KSC with was a PITA to do as the documentation is not perfect.
Getting the data from the Windows Server to Linux was okay but now I need to distribute the new server to all clients on the old server. I should setup the Network Agent with the right data but there is no tool to automatically fill in the certificate. It's easier to use the new KSC to distribute the Network Agent with the new data.
But as I don't like the UI of the Web KSC and still use the Windows Management Console, I'm still waiting for the Windows version. If there is no Windows version, I don't see the reason to stick with Kaspersky. We are a small company with 25 Clients only but the only reason I use KSC was the patch management which didn't work with the Linux version.
Now with 15.1 it could work but I don't know if it works and I would have to test it. So less and less reasons for us to use Kaspersky for Windows.

Perhaps you have no reason to support Windows when the USA bans your software and you cannot use Windows easily in Russia, but I don't care about the reason. If you don't offer the right software for your clients, we will switch.

Sorry for the long post but I don't want to wait any longer. Our license expires in December and next month I will test other software.

BTW, I asked this 8 months ago here and still no progress.

Edited by 0xDEADC0DE
  • Like 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry, i'm a Windows/Windows server/AD sysadmin.
I don't want to migrate to cloud my KSC and i don't want to use linux.
Sorry.

KSC 14.2 is supported until June 2026 so there are no problems at the moment.
On some installations i still have KSC 12.x and it still works very well (anyway going to upgrade to 14.2 very soon).
I've heard from Kaspersky Italy that KSC 15.1 for Windows server will be out in Q3 2024.

So there are no problems at all.

Bye

massimo

Edited by massimo-italy
  • Like 1