Kaspersky Security Center 11 MSSQL errors

Hi,

I’ve searched the forums for messages relating to my issue but I’ve been unable to find an answer. There were postings on the discontinued forums but for older versions of the software and there were still issues outstanding.

Okay, here goes. We are currently running Kaspersky Security Center 11.0.0.1131 on a virtual  Windows Server 2016 using Microsoft SQLServer for the database.

Our HDD keeps filling up and at one point the Administration Server wouldn’t run properly. It turns out that currently, at least, the disc is filling up because of errors continually being written to the DB ERRORLOG file. The error we are getting is:

Generic db error: "1101 '{42000} Could not allocate a new page for database 'KAV' because of insufficient disk space in filegroup 'PRIMARY'. Create the necessary space by dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.; Could not allocate a new page for database 'KAV' because of insufficient disk space in filegroup 'PRIMARY'. Create the necessary space by dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.' LastStatement='aksrv_mtc_process_item'"

Now there is currently plenty of space on the HDD so I assume the error is relating to the DB itself and in the previous forum posts I mentioned this was the case and it was related to the actual size of the KAV database. Our KAV.mdf is currently 10GB.

Now, I’ve tried running the Database Maintenance task with ‘Shrink Database’ ticked a number of times but this does not actually shrink the file size to any degree, though the result of the process indicates Status Modified  with a description listing the error above.

In some of the other older postings there was mention of an exe file that was being provided to shrink the database. Is there anything like that currently available or is there any other way we could shrink the file(s) to stop the error?

Thank you