Kaspersky Secure Connection - no Internet connection on other PC on the local network

smus

When I activate the secure connection in KSC it is working well on my PC, but it does not allow another computer on the same network to connect to the Internet. Computers are connected through the cable (not through Wi-Fi), and the Internet connection is initiated via the first computer (modem is connected to it). If I disconnect from VPN the second PC connects to the Internet well and even can use its own KSC secure connection without any problem.

What I’ve tried so far: 

• setting up the virtual connection (it is called Ethernet 3 by default) that is created by KSC (to use the connection as the internet hub)
  • turned off firewall on the second PC
  • both things combined

Hi smus. This is quite unusual setup nowadays. I believe you`re using ICS (internet connection sharing) at PC1.

Such behaviour seems to be expected, since local network becomes unavailable once you enable VPN. You can probably try playing with the routes on PC1, but not sure this will work.

One easy option is to avoid using VPN at PC1 and use in PC2 instead:). This should work.

Do you have examples with any other VPN when LAN keeps working?

No, it is actually the most usual, simplest (and cheapest) cable ethernet connection that can be implemented at all. All you need is an ethernet cable between 2 PCs. :)

I am not sure why Kaspersky VPN doesn’t work on or support the ordinary LAN network. The most probable obstacle might be one of the firewall settings, but I’ve no idea how to set them up properly. I also could not find such information on Kaspersky knowledge base which seems to be weird. 

Hello @smus,

• I’d like to test, however, I have one device out of order atm, not sure when it’ll be back, but for my understanding, what is the network source please?
  • Are any other Kaspersky products in use on either PC? 
  • Has Network Sharing been setup on the KSDE adaptor?
  • If KSC-VPN is licensed, please raise the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support, ​​​​they will ask for a GSI & Windows LogsTraces, run as the issue is replicated, a detailed history, including all actions taken to resolve, images and a video of the issue would be most helpful please?   After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳