Kaspersky Safe Kids Trial

pfwern

• 1 month later...

Hello @zb2oby,

Welcome!

Please tell us: 

• Device name, operating system & build, where “ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED” error is appearing? 
  • Does “no trouble on uncontrolled session”, mean KSK has been successfully installed on another device? 
  • Which site/url is the KSK installer from? 
  • Has a full uninstall and clean install, according to KSK documentation (see resources below), been done? 
  • May we have GSI & Windows Logs please? 
  • Is KSK licensed?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

How to remove Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows from your computer

System requirements for Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows

How to install and configure Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows

• 9 months later...

Happening to me today when I try to setup a new child on a PC that already had it working.

Hello @JimD

Please tell us:

1. Is the original child KSK profile still working? 
  2. Which permissions have been granted to the new child Windows profile? 
  3. KSK version & patch(x), x =letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About?  
  4. Has Restore IE settings been done? 
  5. Has Restore OS Network settings been done? 
  6. Has the device been shutdown, using Shutdown , not Restart, after any changes you’ve made? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Happening to me today when I try to setup a new child on a PC that already had it working.

Hello @JimD

Please tell us:

1. Is the original child KSK profile still working? 
  2. Which permissions have been granted to the new child Windows profile? 
  3. KSK version & patch(x), x =letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About?  
  4. Has Restore IE settings been done? 
  5. Has Restore OS Network settings been done? 
  6. Has the device been shutdown, using Shutdown , not Restart, after any changes you’ve made? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I ended up uninstalling and was able to setup all child accounts during the initial setup.  So, that fixed me.  Still, it would have been nice if the ability to add a child account after initial setup would have worked.  I had the issue on two separate computers with different users.  Pretty sure your software has a bug somewhere.  I’ll try to answer your questions.

1. Yes it was.
  2. The new child was just a Standard User, local account only.  No Microsoft login.
  3. Whatever you get when you download now.  I’ve only been a user for a few days.  I’m not currently on one of those machines to check.
  4. I did do that.  No affect.
  5. I did not to this.  I consider this pointless.  My internet was working fine.  The fact that it worked during a new installation I think proves my internet connection was not a factor.  I also tried changing firewall settings with no affect.
  6. Well, the point is no changes were made.  It wouldn’t let me.  I did have to restart after I uninstalled before re-installing.

I guess at this point, if I want to add another monitored account, I’ll have to uninstall and reinstall.  Thankfully I have no plans to add more.  I have it setup the way I want now.

Hello @JimD,  

You’re most welcome!

Adding extra Windows/KSK child accounts, has never involved uninstalling & reinstalling KSK, in the hundreds of accounts we’ve set up. 

To find KSK version & patch: on the Windows taskbar, select the tiny UP arrow, to show the hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @JimD,  

You’re most welcome!

Adding extra Windows/KSK child accounts, has never involved & reinstalling KSK, in the hundreds of accounts we’ve set up. 

To find KSK version & patch:

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I took the time to look.  It is 1.0.5.7353(h)

Also, I tried using the website to add a new child and it did not “see” the fact that KSK was installed.  Said “No device” or something to that affect.

I’m pretty computer savvy.  Was is CAD software support myself for better than a decade. I’ve installed and supported many apps.  Pretty sure you have some sort of problem.  Hopefully you can sort it out for others.  Given the first post in this thread, I am obviously not the only one that has run into this.

By the way, I’m happy with how the rest of it functions.  You do have a browser cache problem that lets kids get to websites even when restricted, particularly YouTube, when you turn access on and off.  That’s why I wanted the second accounts setup.  I only have two children but decided to create Student Accounts for them that will always be restricted so that they only ever have school related access and thus no cacheing issue.  This also helps me avoid switching permissions back and forth from school hours to after-school hours, which gets old.  With all the homeschooling going on you may want to consider adding the ability to schedule Categories for both Internet and Application access.  I was essentially doing that scheduling manually every day.

Hello @JimD

If you have a KSK subscription, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will address: 

You do have a browser cache problem

You may want to consider adding the ability to schedule Categories for both Internet and Application access

🔷 Provide a detailed history, images & or video: if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary.

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @JimD

If you have a KSK subscription, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will address: 

You do have a browser cache problem

You may want to consider adding the ability to schedule Categories for both Internet and Application access

🔷 Provide a detailed history, images & or video: if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary.

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks.  I had already submitted the original issue in this thread.

I’ll add the others and then leave you guys alone.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am facing same issue

Hello @skhekare

Welcome!

• 🅰 Is KTS Premium Trial installed? 

Please do the following steps carefully: 

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Close all apps & browsers, except Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
  3. Uninstall KTS 21.2.16.590© → save License information ONLY, do not tick any other checkboxes. 
  4. At the end of the uninstall, make sure the computer fully shuts down, power on, login. 
  5. Check the computer for any applications incompatible with KTS?
  6. Download  KTS version 21.3.10.391
  7. Install KTS version 21.3.10.391 → note, if you do not use Kaspersky Password manager, make sure you select DECLINE (to the install KPM prompt), during the KTS  install!
  8. At the end of the install, shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  9. Run a manual Database update
  10. Run a manual Full scan → allow it to complete.
  11. Check Kaspersky version & patch → make sure it’s KTS version 21.3.10.391(A)? 
  12. Recheck KSK “Unable to connect to server” issue? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

I’m experiencing the same issue.  Initially had KSK setup on main PC user account and I’m trying to move it to a new account but it can’t connect to the server even though networking is working.

Based on reading this, it appears that the current way to fix this is an uninstall/reinstall.  Is that correct?

I’m experiencing the same issue. 

Initially had KSK setup on main PC user account.

I’m trying to move it to a new account but it can’t connect to the server even though networking is working.

Based on reading this, it appears that the current way to fix this is an uninstall/reinstall.  Is that correct?

Hello @millhaus

Welcome!

1. IF “main PC user account” is the parent / admin account do not change this to a standard user account. 
  2. Create a new Windows standard user account for your child. 
  3. After creating the  Windows standard user account for your child, KSK will need to have that profile added. 
  4. IF, after doing those steps “Unable to connect to server” issue repeats, please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Initial setup of Kaspersky Safe Kids

• 3 months later...

I confirm that I encountered that error many  times, as I have to create lots of profiles because of some kaspersky limitations. It’s a nightmare. “Adding extra Windows/KSK child accounts, has never involved uninstalling & reinstalling KSK, in the hundreds of accounts we’ve set up. “ - LOL.

I basically found a way via a specific set of my actions. Developers should definitely pay attention to this.

Hi ‘Angry User’, I guess I am a ‘frustrated user’ - also continually getting the ‘unable to connect’ error. Ideally, I’d prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall.

Can you share how you got around it?

Many thanks

Ideally, I’d prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall.

Hello @NDH

Welcome!

We solved it by uninstalling & clean installing KSK → follow the documentation carefully. 

Also, @Marta1, also solved it, using the same method → refer unable to link child with windows account

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 4 months later...

Hello @Jessie7

Welcome!

Apologies for the delay responding😥  

• Is the installed KSK, with what looks like a purple hand icon (in the image you’ve shown), from Kaspersky’s new product range, that’s not yet commercially released (in UK & or Britain)? 
  • The following are instructions from Technical support: 
  1. Download KAVREMOVER
  2. 💥Close all running apps💥
  3. Read & follow the KAVREMOVER documentation carefully, the one thing it does not mention, for removing KSK, you’ll need to enter the KSK (Parent) password, follow our images
  4. At the end of the removal of KSK, shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋