Kaspersky Safe Kids does not block computer access properly - randomly does not block at all

jlrx

I set it up to block at all times, so all usage requires a request. 70% of the time, this works properly, however sometimes, like today, even though the block is in effect for the entire day (requiring a request), it allows them in without any need for a request.

If I update the schedule at all, even on a different day, they will be immediately blocked and have to send a request, but this does not inspire any confidence at all, when it completely ignores the schedule.

I should add, using Windows 10 Pro x64.

Hello @jlrx,

Welcome!

❔ Has the “block at all times” ever worked properly/consistently or is this a new problem? 

• As we don’t know the W10 version & build and the KSK version, please follow these steps:
  1. Confirm KSK system requirements ?
  2. Remove KSK.
  3. Shutdown computer using full Shutdown, not Restart.
  4. Power computer on, login.
  5. Download fresh KSK installer, install KSK.
  6. Configure KSK.
  7. Recheck “KSK does not block computer access properly - randomly does not block at all
  • If the issue persists, please let us know & please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support - (see image 1, at the end of reply showing how to fill in the request template), Technical Support will require a GSI  & Windows logs, ​​​​a detailed history, images, the KSK 30day Report, see image 2 & 3) & they may need KSK Traces, they will guide you if Traces are needed.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

When the information is available, please let us know what they advise?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Image 1

https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new

Image 2  

Resources:

How to view & export KSK reports

KSK Release notes

How to set up Kaspersky Safe Kids

KSK for Microsoft Windows library