Kaspersky Safe kid not blocking YouTube on Chrome browser

MMH

Hi! I wish to block access to entire YouTube website for my kids under Kaspersky safe kids. Although I have specified blocking of www.youtube.com, the site is not blocking if I use Google Chrome browser. It is blocked if I use Microsoft Edge instead. I have enabled Kaspersky extension on all browsers.

Hello @MMH

Welcome!

⚠ The Kaspersky protection extension has no bearing on Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK). 

1. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  2. Which other Kaspersky software is installed → nameversion & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About

As a test, to Web activity monitoring, we added a youtube.com Forbidden exclusion, using Google Chrome, Version 88.0.4324.182, our results: 

Exclusion

Youtube selected from Google menu
Youtube blocked

Selecting Youtube from Google search

Youtube blocked

KSK Notifications

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @MMH

Apologies, small correction to our point 2 above, it should read:

• Which other Kaspersky software is installed → nameversion & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi,

Having similar issue. For some reason none of blocking rules applies to youtube in Chrome (88.0.4324.190 64-bit) and Edge (88.0.705.74 64-bit). Neither adding an exception nor locking Software, audio, video sides nor locking ALL sites is working on youtube. 

Running on KSK version 1.0.5.6821 (g) and no other Kaspersky software on that PC is installed. It’s Windows 10 (1909 compilation 18363.1379)

Hello @zefu

Welcome!

1. OS version & build
  2. Has the “none of blocking rules applies to youtube” issue always existed or is it new? IF “new”, when did it start? 
  3. Do all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status? 
  4. Is KSK Safe Search on YouTube enabled? 
  5. Post an image of the exceptions you’ve added please? 
  6. Has KSK been uninstalled & clean installed, according to Kaspersky’s documentation? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...

I have same issue. KSK is not blocking yuotube.com on Chrome browser. Even after switch to block all websites, main page of youtube loads, but at least links not functioning properly.

KSK and Chrome reinstalled, windows updated, Safe Search on YouTube enabled.

This issue started recently, before blocking was functioning properly.

Hi! I wish to block access to entire YouTube website for my kids under Kaspersky safe kids. Although I have specified blocking of www.youtube.com, the site is not blocking if I use Google Chrome browser. It is blocked if I use Microsoft Edge instead. I have enabled Kaspersky extension on all browsers.

I have same problem with the 1.0.7 version (except it is not even blocked in Edge). HOWEVER, many of the individual videos in youtube are locked, strangely enough.

I have same problem with the 1.0.7 version (except it is not even blocked in Edge). HOWEVER, many of the individual videos in youtube are locked, strangely enough.

Hello @Russian Friend

Welcome!

• Not sure what you mean by v1.0.7, KSK/Windows current version is 1.0.5.7353(h)🤔
  1. Post a full screen image of the Forbidden rules you’ve applied please? 
Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Same issue here. Blocked on edge not on Google Chrome. When I search on Google, I can go in to YouTube.com. but if I open a specific YouTube link from someone, it is blocked. But kids can still search whatever from general YouTube.com page. 

Thanks.

Same issue here. Blocked on edge not on Google Chrome. When I search on Google, I can go in to YouTube.com. but if I open a specific YouTube link from someone, it is blocked. But kids can still search whatever from general YouTube.com page. Thanks.

Hello @Jui

Welcome!
Despite trying several times, we’re unable to replicate the issue. 

1. Which KSK version & patch, on the children’s PC, Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  2. Post a full screen image of the rules you’ve configured to block Youtube? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Ksk 1.0.5.1360(1)

As you can see from below, I inserted to block YouTube. I also received notification that my kids tried to open forbidden site, in fact, they have opened and are viewing YouTube. 

It's blocked on Microsoft edge but not Google Chrome. On chrome, when they clicked  into specific link it is forbidden. But  they can go into YouTube.com to search whatever they want.

Thanks.

1. Ksk 1.0.5.1360(1)
  2. 2. I inserted to block YouTube.
  3. I also received notification that my kids tried to open forbidden site, in fact, they have opened and are viewing YouTube. 
  4. It's blocked on Microsoft edge but not Google Chrome.
  5. On chrome, when they clicked  into specific link it is forbidden. But  they can go into YouTube.com to search whatever they want. Thanks.

Hello @Jui

Thank you for the information👌

[1] Update KSK, see current version information below → image 1 & 2

Windows → KSK version

Android → KSK version

[2] Add a Internet, Web activity monitoring → youtube.com Forbidden rule → image 3 above. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Jui Hello!

1. try to reboot and retest the issue?
  1. try to clear cache in browser and restart browser?

Does the issue occur in these cases?

Maybe you have allowed youtube temporary, then block it and receive a reproduction?

Hi Anton,

Just tried again. It worked by clearing the cache. 

However I need to clear the cache on my kid’s browser every time. So this is a hassle as blocking of websites cannot have duration limitation. I may allow them to watch youtube for sometime and forbidden it again.  When I forbidden it, if I do not clear cache on each of their devices, youtube remains available. 

So wonder if there is any other way to do it more conveniently. Thanks.

update: ok, i changed the setting on chrome to clear cookies every time i exit browser. So I just need to ensure they exit after I forbidden. Thanks for your help!~

Hi Anton,

Just tried again. It worked by clearing the cache. 

However I need to clear the cache on my kid’s browser every time. So this is a hassle as blocking of websites cannot have duration limitation. I may allow them to watch youtube for sometime and forbidden it again.  When I forbidden it, if I do not clear cache on each of their devices, youtube remains available. 

So wonder if there is any other way to do it more conveniently. Thanks.

update: ok, i changed the setting on chrome to clear cookies every time i exit browser. So I just need to ensure they exit after I forbidden. Thanks for your help!~

Thanks for this.  Clearing cookies and cache did it for me.  Looks like I will have to create two logins for my kids now.  A very restricted school one that never has things like YouTube and a less restricted one that I limit just by the time of day it is available.

@Flood and Flood's wife Hi Flood, I can’t seem to find the .exe file which you shown on Kaspersky website. Note sure how to get it updated. Any idea? 1.0.5.7353(h) might be a premium version? Mine is free. Thanks.

Hello @Jui

Apologies for the delay responding😥

• Patches are represented by letters, not numbers.
  • 1.0.5.7353(h) patch was released b/w 11th March & 25th March 2021. 
  • 1.0.5.7353(h) was released globally.
  • For versions & patches, there’s never a distinction between Premium & Free. 
  1. The KSK version number (you’ve posted), is prior to 1.0.5.7353, but the patch(x) information is wrong = Ksk 1.0.5.1360(1) - in Windows taskbar or hidden icons, please rightclick the KSK icon, select About - take a screen print & post back please? 
  2. Did you close all other applications & browsers, uninstall KSK, then clean install KSK

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife Hi Flood, I can’t seem to find the .exe file which you shown on Kaspersky website. Note sure how to get it updated. Any idea? 1.0.5.7353(h) might be a premium version? Mine is free. Thanks.

Hello @Jui

Apologies for the delay responding😥

• Patches are represented by letters, not numbers.
  • 1.0.5.7353(h) patch was released b/w 11th March & 25th March 2021. 
  • 1.0.5.7353(h) was released globally.
  • For versions & patches, there’s never a distinction between Premium & Free. 
  1. The KSK version number (you’ve posted), is prior to 1.0.5.7353, but the patch(x) information is wrong = Ksk 1.0.5.1360(1) - in Windows taskbar or hidden icons, please rightclick the KSK icon, select About - take a screen print & post back please? 
  2. Did you close all other applications & browsers, uninstall KSK, then clean install KSK

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood,

When I right click on the KSK icon, there’s no “About” to select. Hence not able to see the view you posted. I can only see 1.0.5.1360 from the “Program manager” in control panel.  I tried to redownload KSK from the website https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/safe-kids-pc, the file that it downloaded is setup_1.0.5.1360.exe, I cannot find 1.0.5.7353(h). 

Yesterday I managed to clear cache and cookies in my kid’s laptop and youtube was forbidden. I thought I successfully blocked it but today, I saw them on youtube again. Don’t know how they did it. They told me they just try and try and try and it went in. Gosh!

Hello @Jui

Thank you for updating us👌

Go to the Windows taskbar, on the far right (a little bit close to the date & time), there’s a tiny up arrow, when the up arrow is selected, are there any hidden icons? 

Can you see KSK in the hidden icons → if “yes”,  rightclick the KSK icon, select About - take a screen print & post back please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Jui

Thank you for updating us👌

Go to the Windows taskbar, on the far right (a little bit close to the date & time), there’s a tiny up arrow, when the up arrow is selected, are there any hidden icons? 

Can you see KSK in the hidden icons → if “yes”,  rightclick the KSK icon, select About - take a screen print & post back please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I right clicked, there is no such option. only showing KSK.

I got to know the version from “Program and features” in control panel.

Tried to download again but it’s the same version. If I were to uninstall and reinstall will I need to reset everything again or all the rules will remain the same?

Thanks.

Hello @Jui

1. Which Windows version & build is KSK installed in, in Windows Search🔎 field, type   winver → press enter, a small popup will show the required information - post an image of the winver popup please? 
  2. On the Windows taskbar, select the tiny UP arrow, to show the hidden icons, take a screen print of the hidden icons & post back please? 

Please post back. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Jui

1. Which Windows version & build is KSK installed in, in Windows Search🔎 field, type   winver → press enter, a small popup will show the required information - post an image of the winver popup please? 
  2. On the Windows taskbar, select the tiny UP arrow, to show the hidden icons, take a screen print of the hidden icons & post back please? 

Please post back. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Jui

Thank you👌

🔷 Uninstalling KSK will not remove configured KSK rules. 

Please do the following:

1. Shutdown all browsers & any active applications. 
  2. Uninstall KSK, at the completion of the uninstall, make sure the computer is shutdown, rebooted. 
  3. Power on, login, download the available installer: http://kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/safe-kids-pc
  4. Install KSK, at the completion of the install, make sure the computer is shutdown using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  5. Make sure KSK is running, check hidden icons for KSK icon & check KSK version & patch(x) →  About ? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi, I have the same issue. i like to block youtube.com and its set to forbidden and saved .. but the kids are able to access youtube.com from Microsoft Edge . the main reason for me to buy the product was to block youtube.com during school hours ( from any browser). I am using Kaspersky Save Kids version 1.0.5.1360, Widows 10 Home OS build 19042.867 .. (youtube is blocked in Chrome) not MS Edge version 89.0.774.63 

the main reason for me to buy the product was to block youtube.com during school hours ( from any browser).

Hello @Animon99

Welcome!

• Web activity monitoring, individual web addresses cannot be restricted by time or schedule; available options are Allowed or Forbidden = Blocked

• What’s interesting is (your advice), Youtube is blocked in Chrome, but not in Edge Chromium 89.0.774.63 🤔
  1. Would you be kind enough to post full screen images of the exclusions you’ve added please?  

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋