Kaspersky Rescue Tool can't start due to: " Can't Initialize Services "Error

Go to solution Solved by Yury N.,

Hello there, trying to run Kaspersky Rescue disk after the computer has been compromised. 

Following the instructions first it appear message saying the "The product folder is in the RAM and all the information will be lost after the reboot of the device". Then I am ending up in both Graphic mode and Limited graphic mode to the same error. "Can't initialize services" With second user windows showing progress of the initialization 50% with green bar filled half through.  And only option is to just close the dialog box without initialization to be completed. 

I have enabled the trace, but I can't locate the log files, that lead me to a thought they are also just in the RAM and after reboot are disappearing. 

I do need some help resolving this as I want to scan the PC with the tool provided. 

Thanks In advance 

Djidjo Djanev 

2024-05-18_111830.jpg

В 18.05.2024 в 11:23, djidjodjanev сказал:

I have enabled the trace, but I can't locate the log files, that lead me to a thought they are also just in the RAM and after reboot are disappearing. 

You can connect second usb flash drive and copy traces to it. Or you can use the browser from Rescue Disk and upload traces.

В 18.05.2024 в 11:23, djidjodjanev сказал:

trying to run Kaspersky Rescue disk after the computer has been compromised. 

You can try Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.

Thank you Yuri for the suggestions. 

I have run Kaspersky Virus removal tool and there was nothing unusual found. 

The question is why the KRD is not initializing, what is preventing it? The machine is a production server that has been attacked through MS SQL open port and the result for other users of the same platform has been ransomware installed and files encrypted. 

We have found the PC booted in safe mode and Windows defender has detected and quarantined the file that should spread the ransomware, So all seems normal, but should I still worry after KVRT have  not found anything?

• Solution
8 часов назад, djidjodjanev сказал:

The question is why the KRD is not initializing, what is preventing it?

Probably incompatible with hardware. Traces are required to be sure

8 часов назад, djidjodjanev сказал:

So all seems normal, but should I still worry after KVRT have  not found anything?

I think everything is ok.

• Like 2