Kaspersky Protection Chrome Addons High Cpu Usage

Ufuk

I formatted the system , clean , windows 10 pro (untouched and with legal key)
CPU high usage , watching video in Chrome with Kaspersky Protection addon.
I disabled to addon , system returns to normal.

By the way, is it normal for chrome browser to run cmd?

9c1e879129a59dfdbe31489cd2a9af24.jpeg

Edited by Ufuk

I am experiencing the same issue. Kaspersky Protection 2.4.33.0 is continuously using massive amounts of CPU resource. I am using Firefox latest version (112.0.2). Previous version of KP did not have this problem. I have found this problem on more than one PC, so this is not an isolated case! Other people have also reported the same issue. I have had to disable KP as it was making browsing extremely sluggish.

Running into the exact same issue on Edge. Same Extension version. Edge version info: Version 112.0.1722.64 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 11. Up to date with April's/Mays updates. This problem started before the latest MS update downloads.

Disabling the Extension appears to work; however, it defeats the purpose entirely. Kaspersky should roll back until they resolve the issue with the extension and the new MS updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 10:28 PM, nexon said:

Hello @Mikhail Shakhov

And so what about for Chrome? It is same fix for firefox and Chrome? 

Hello,

the bug was created for Firefox, but Chrome seems is affected too, new versions of plugins for Firefox and Chrome were published and the problem must be resolved. Our testers have reproduced the problem on 2021 MR3 version, but the problem is not reproducing on 2021 MR13. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:38 PM, Mikhail Shakhov said:

Hello,

many components of our product can`t work properly without Kaspersky Protection plugin, that is why we suggest to keep it enabled. 

Thank you. 

I understand that, but with extension enabled, Chrome it's unusable on a 32 core CPU.

More than a month has passed since the problem began. The slowness on publish a patch will be taken into account when renewing licences.

2 hours ago, CarlosLopezES said:

I understand that, but with extension enabled, Chrome it's unusable on a 32 core CPU.

More than a month has passed since the problem began. The slowness on publish a patch will be taken into account when renewing licences.

Hello,

unfortunately, plugins release was postponed on 2 weeks. But you can use 2021 MR13 version. If it has not been released in your region yet, please contact to technical support to get it. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I found this thread by searching for issues with my Chrome browser.
Can I get an update on this please as is affecting my business not being able to you the extension for password management. I spent money on IT trying to diagnose my problem, only to find its not my PC, its the Kaspersky Chrome extension for password management. I wouldn't complain of this was a free service, however as a paying customer, this issue needs to be resolved ASAP as a priority.
How can I, or we, escalate this? How can we encourage this issue to be looked at ASAP? Do I need to send a separate request to support? Does this forum go anywhere?
Awaiting eagerly Kaspersky response. 

Can I get an update on this please as is affecting my business not being able to you the extension for password management. I spent money on IT trying to diagnose my problem, only to find its not my PC, its the Kaspersky Chrome extension for password management. I wouldn't complain of this was a free service, however as a paying customer, this issue needs to be resolved ASAP as a priority.
How can I, or we, escalate this? How can we encourage this issue to be looked at ASAP? Do I need to send a separate request to support? Does this forum go anywhere?
Awaiting eagerly Kaspersky response. @Mikhail Shakhov

9 hours ago, CPD said:

Awaiting eagerly Kaspersky response. @Mikhail Shakhov

Hello,

I suppose, you have another problem: in this topic problematic extension is Kaspersky Protection and the product Kaspersky Internet Security. But from your description I see, that you have the issue with Kaspersky Password manager extension, which belongs to Kaspersky Password manager product. 

I can suggest to check whether you use the last version of KPM or not, check the problem in other browsers and try to disable all third-party extensions(just for test - probably, it is compatibility issue between KPM-plugin and another third-party company extension).

Then you need to create a request to technical support to analyze and resolve this issue: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c/us

Thank you.