Kaspersky Plus Protected container: AES with 56-bit who can explain to me the reason for this choice?

Hello everyone,
I read in the Kaspersky Plus guide that the protected container uses a 56-bit effective length key which is the only one available while in the Business versions of the products it is also possible to choose the 256-bit one.
As far as I know, a key with an effective length of 56 bits cannot be considered reasonably secure.
Is there a very specific reason why it is used and only in the home versions?

Thanks to everyone

19 minutes ago, fabiodanzetta said:

I read in the Kaspersky Plus guide that the protected container uses a 56-bit effective length key which is the only one available while in the Business versions of the products it is also possible to choose the 256-bit one.
As far as I know, a key with an effective length of 56 bits cannot be considered reasonably secure.
Is there a very specific reason why it is used and only in the home versions?

Hello @fabiodanzetta

Welcome back!

• *Specifically* - which Kaspersky software, in the business / commercial range, are you referring to - please provide the correct product name & the URL for the document you've read? 
  • For Kaspersky Plus *protected container* are you referring to the Secret vault

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

4 hours ago, fabiodanzetta said:

for example a business product is this one here as also written in its guide: https://support.kaspersky.com/KESWin/11.8.0/en-US/130874.htm
Yes, protected container is a secret vault.

Hello @fabiodanzetta

Thank you for posting back & the information!

The Secret vault documentation we provided in our first reply is the most current documentation available. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

@fabiodanzetta Hi,

Both documentations have exactly the same content ↓

Spoiler

" About Secret Vault

Available only in Kaspersky Plus and Kaspersky Premium.

Secret Vaults is designed to protect your confidential data against unauthorized access. A Secret Vault is a data storage on your computer that you can lock or unlock using the password that only you know. You have to enter the password to modify the files stored in a secret vault. If you have entered an invalid password 10 times in a row, access to the secret vault is blocked for one hour.

If you lose or forget the password, you will not be able to recover your data.

To create a secret vault, Kaspersky application uses the AES XTS data encryption algorithm with an effective key length of 56 bits.

If the FAT32 file system is used on your computer, you can create secret vaults no more than 4 GB in size."