Kaspersky Plus deleting files from Norton Utilities Ultimate

Go to solution Solved by Cptrossco1,

Kaspersky Plus version : 21.15.8.493 (a)
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Norton Utilities Ultimate : 23.3.15310.0 
Kaspersky has just started interfering with Norton Utilities Ultimate and removing files, I have tried adding an exclusion but still this happens.
How can I remove this from Kaspersky from system watcher etc?

Screenshot 2023-12-16.jpg

norton.jpg

2 hours ago, Cptrossco1 said:

Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Kaspersky Plus: 21.15.8.493 (a), Norton Utilities Ultimate: 23.3.15310.0 

• Kaspersky has just started interfering with Norton Utilities Ultimate -> PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic and removing files. 
  • I have tried adding an exclusion but still this happens.
  • How can I remove this from Kaspersky from System Watcher etc?

Hello @Cptrossco1

Welcome back!

In the first instance, if Kaspersky *previously* worked well with Norton Utilities Ultimate & is now spitting errors, we *strongly* recommend (you) raise a request with Kaspersky's Virus Lab experts to analyse the issue. We'll put the steps at the end of our reply...

👉For the exclusion - a full-screen, screenprint helps, we then can see *what you see*:

1. To set the exclusion, & *because* you've conveyed that you do trust the object -> uncheck: Perform recommended actions automatically. 
  2. The *required* path is the Object path - from the Report
  3. * out the Object field 
  4. & leave the File Hash with *

💥Logging a request: on the Customer Service page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Malware, Other template; zip Norton Utilities Ultimate exeprotect it with a password - use either MALWARE OR INFECTED & make sure (you) tell support the password, also, please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you:malware.jpeg.8e1ebbe544ebaf361132880d576d6c3e.jpeg.c4a4ecf75f961df7c3d22df383bb6c17.jpeg
Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Grammar

Ok, I followed the instructions as above and have a support case in place, waiting to hear back...I submitted the files that were deleted in a zip file with a password.

Online chat didn't help much with the following advice - Use of Kaspersky along with incompatible software (such as other Anti-Virus software) may cause errors in the applications and the operating system. We recommend you to remove such applications before installing Kaspersky.
Note that Kaspersky has been working fine with this program until recently. Norton Utilities is not a virus scanner and is NOT listed as being incompatible with Kaspersky Plus.

Waiting still to hear back .....I can live without having Norton Utilities installed but it's a real setback when it was working perfectly beforehand.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cptrossco1 said:
  1. Ok, I followed the instructions as above and have a support case in place, waiting to hear back...I submitted the files that were deleted in a zip file with a password.
  2. Online chat didn't help much with the following advice - Use of Kaspersky along with incompatible software (such as other Anti-Virus software) may cause errors in the applications and the operating system. We recommend you to remove such applications before installing Kaspersky.
  3. Note that Kaspersky has been working fine with this program until recently. Norton Utilities is not a virus scanner and is NOT listed as being incompatible with Kaspersky Plus
  4. Waiting still to hear back .....I can live without having Norton Utilities installed but it's a real setback when it was working perfectly beforehand.

Hello @Cptrossco1

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

1. Excellent.
  2. Kaspersky's Online chat staff need training & need to pay attention to the information they're given (ioo). 
  3. We know, read our comments in our initial reply to you. We did not elaborate on the AV compatibility conflict issue (altho that list was the first thing we checked), because NUU is not an AV & is not on the list; *primarily* tho because you definitely stated "Kaspersky Plus & NUU" worked fine up until the release of patch (a).
  4. It'll be interesting to read the feedback from Kasperskys Virus Lab experts. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The issue has now been resolved; I received an update from Kaspersky that their Virus Analysts have acknowledged that this was a false positive of the PDM module and that detection will disappear within 24 hours. After the last few days I reinstalled Norton Utilities Ultimate and have no further problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1