Kaspersky Password Manager KPM Auto Fill

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, 
I hope everyone is keeping well! 
I have an issue/idea, I really like how KPM “Logins and Passwords” whenever I visit a site, (saves a lot of time), however, I really DO not like it when I am always shown a prompt to to either “Save the new entry, or update the entry” (such a waste of time) 
Is there a way to stop this from happening while keeping the ability to have logins automatically filled in? 

Many thanks in advance!! 

Hello @new11,

Welcome back!

Does the “Save the new entry, or update the entry?”

1. Happen all the time?
  2. Happen in every supported browser?
  3. May we have a full screen image of “Save the new entry, or update the entry?” issue please? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Password Manager extension installed in each supported browser?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

Use autosave and autofill

Enable and disable autosave and autofill

Kaspersky Password Manager library

Hi @FLOOD & @Anton Mefodys, Thanks for the super quick reply! 

Thinking about, it only happens whenever you are 

• Signing up for a new account on a website
  • When you go to login into an account with credentials that are saved into the KPM vault, but the credentials or values entered on the website are different to that of the ones that are saved in KPM vault 
  • If there is no entry saved at all already within the KPM-Vault 

I have also found, that when I click the “Cancel” command button on the popup, it will close and then re-open, cycling 2-3 times 

In answer to your questions Flood, 

1. Yes, (if entry is not already existing within the vault 
  2. These are the only supported browsers I have tried; Chrome & Chromium (Edge) as well as Microsoft Edge, happens on all websites that have a credentials field/element, (as far as my testing went)
  3. Please see attached, I have not uploaded one for the “update new entry” as I was not able to recreate, if it does show again, I’ll take one and provide 
  4. Yes 

I never choose the option to “save the entry” into the vault, as there is no option to change the entry/website name, account name or notes option. (Circled in yellow, within screenshot) 

Screenshot labelled “KPM Feature Disabled” details the inability to either automatically or manually login to an account using KPM if the annoying “AutoSave” feature is turned off. 

Hope that all provides a little more clarity and direction. 

Cheers 

Will 

• Solution

Hello @new11, Will, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for your detailed response and images👌

• 1 KPM Settings⚙ → Autosave & autofill, Logins & passwords, controls the Save in Kaspersky Password Manager prompt  that appears as a result of a new or changed password → image1.
  • 2 To ensure KPM continues to automatically login to whichever sites have been defined, in Kaspersky password Manager application, ensure Autologin is enabled for each site → image2.
  • 3 KPM extension if Autosave & autofill, Logins & passwords are enabled → image3.
  • 4 If “Save the entry” into the vault” is selected, the KPM tool will merge any existing entries, updating the vault with the new information or if the data does not exist in the vault, KPM tool will add a new entry → image4. 

• 5 Unfortunately, KPM Settings → Autosave & autofill functions are not able to be managed separately/independently😓
  • Tip: on a regular basis, use the Backup feature, and if making any changes, Export KPM, before doing so. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

Thanks for taking the time to organise such a detailed response! :) 

I really feel like the two “Autofill & Autologin” features should have been kept seperate, but that’s ok. 

Thanks again for the reply! 

@new11

• Signing up for a new account on a website
  • When you go to login into an account with credentials that are saved into the KPM vault, but the credentials or values entered on the website are different to that of the ones that are saved in KPM vault 
  • If there is no entry saved at all already within the KPM-Vault

Yes, it should work this way.

I have also found, that when I click the “Cancel” command button on the popup, it will close and then re-open, cycling 2-3 times 

Maybe you click to login several times? Could you try to identify the exact scenario?

I never choose the option to “save the entry” into the vault, as there is no option to change the entry/website name, account name or notes option. (Circled in yellow, within screenshot) 

You can open created KPM entry (or manually create a new entry) and edit it as you want.

In general: You can try to add the URL of the site to Ingnored if you do not want KPM to work on this site: KPM Settings - Ignored Websites.

Hi @Anton Mefodys

Thanks for the reply. 

In regards to your question, the popup cycling 2-3 times after hitting the cancel command button: Bellow are my findings for when it does happen; (STATE: KPM is unlocked, and autofill/autosave are enabled);

• Typing credentials manually, then hitting either, keyboard enter key or pressing onscreen command “Login” button (Not using KPM Autofill)  
  • Having KPM autofill the credentials and logging in automatically (KPM Autofill and Autologin)
  • Having KPM autofill the credentials and then hitting either, keyboard enter key or pressing onscreen command “Login” button (KPM Autofill but not Autologin)   

I’m more than certain that; the enter key is not activated twice, the one screen login button is not activated twice, the enter key and the on screen login button are not used simultaneously, no enter key or login button are activated while KPM is “Auto-filling and or Auto-logging-in”. 
In fact I was unable to find a situation where this didn’t occur (Popup asking to either save or update vault data) 

Hope that all helps and gives a little more clarity.  

• 4 months later...