Kaspersky Now Missing from Apple App Store and Major Password Manager Problem

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Today I noticed that Kaspersky Password Manager and other Kaspersky products are missing from the Apple App Store. In addition, Kaspersky Password Manager has become super irritating and now makes me log in every time for each username and each password I need to enter. This is incredibly annoying! I shouldn't need to log in to the Kaspersky Password Manager app again to autofill a website or app password 5 seconds after I just logged in to the Kaspersky Password manager app to autofill a website or app username! And this is for every single entry! It's ridiculous. There's a difference between being secure and being a nuisance and this app has become the latter.

Even setting 'Autolock Vault' to 'Never' does absolutely nothing!

I'm using Kaspersky Password Manager version 9.2.88.13 on iOS 

Edited by BRIELL3
Edit for clarity

Nothing, huh? No one can provide me any assistance?

I find it strange that all the Kaspersky apps have disappeared from the Apple App Store. Some explanation would be nice.

This stinks! I wonder if the real reason the US government is causing the shutdown of Kaspersky in the US has more to do with the US government not being able to spy on its citizens who are using Kaspersky?

Also, Kaspersky often tops the charts with its lightweight performance impact on users' systems so if I must replace it, it's likely going to be with some bloated AV software alternative.

If US users are faced with having to switch to something else, it's a sad day. I've been a happy and loyal Kaspersky customer for over two decades now. :classic_sad:

Thank you @harlan4096 for your response and help. Will those of us in the US that already use Kaspsersky continue to do so in the future? Or will we be forced to switch to an alternative AV solution? I know Kaspersky has committed to support for 6 more months, but I'm assuming after that the products will no longer be supported. 

Never mind @harlan4096, it seems some are providing answers to that question within the thread you linked (not that I really have the time to sift through it all).

Every day for me lately has become an adventure with technology breaking or having issues, but it is what it is, I guess. Who knows how tech illiterate people survive.

• Like 1

In case anyone else is running into the issue(s) I have or are just now realizing that their Kaspersky software is no longer functioning as usual, here is a link to Kaspersky Support addressing any questions you may be having like those I had:

Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States

@harlan4096, sorry for reposting the same link as you just did, but I hadn't refreshed the page, so your response wasn't showing. Regardless, I have marked your reply as "Solved" as the information via the link you shared is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Please check this thread:

Yes  this is very  sad time for me . I have been using  Kaspersky since 2004 , so over 20 years. I never went  back to another AV company once I switched to Kaspersky. I need get the  email from Kaspersky a few weeks ago. They will give me a discount on another AV program since I just renewed to Kaspersky Standard  from KIS this past  spring.

I even  had a  tough time getting to the  sign onto this forum.I am using the stand alone Kaspersky VPN , so I finally  did sign on .I am  just an everyday person I never thought  this would happen until I read it.

I am thinking I will need to use the kaspersky removal tool ? 

I never removed Kaspersky permanently before. But  sounds like I will need to to completely remove and remove from registry ?

I am going to miss it 

On 7/17/2024 at 1:56 PM, BRIELL3 said:

In case anyone else is running into the issue(s) I have or are just now realizing that their Kaspersky software is no longer functioning as usual, here is a link to Kaspersky Support addressing any questions you may be having like those I had:

Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States

@harlan4096, sorry for reposting the same link as you just did, but I hadn't refreshed the page, so your response wasn't showing. Regardless, I have marked your reply as "Solved" as the information via the link you shared is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I saw that   everyday people were  being  forced off and  Kasperkey being  phased out  in usa. Very sad it  comes to this. I did not know Apple  had removed some of those tools of Apple  store though. Sounds  like they jumped the gun on doing that